Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently under hard breaking my traction control light flashes up, and the display cycles service ECS and Trac, then it keep on saying ECS and TRAC off. the brake light comes on once for 2 sec, and then shuts back off. I checked my break fluid, and it looks fine. any idea on why it's doing this? I spoke with some other members on GM forum, and they mention that the ABS might be taking a sh** on me, but the car drives fine it does feel a bit different, ( always drive with traction control off). I never had the ESC off. is this a huge concern?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
did some reading, and didn't really find much of an answer. Most are saying it's a faulty speed sensor, while one is saying that's what happened before the rear end went out. Hopefully it's not that.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Here is 1 thing I found-
Models: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2007 Saturn Sky Redline
2007 Opel GT
Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 7Y135648
2007 Daewoo G2X
with Active Brake Control (RPO JL4)

Do This

Don’t Do This

Update the ESC module software.

DO NOT replace the ESC module or steering angle sensor.

Condition

Some customers may comment that the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system or the Traction Control System (TCS) warning lamp is on. Other customers may comment that the ESC/TCS lamp comes on and then goes out on the next ignition key cycle.

Technicians may find DTC C0460 set during diagnosis.

Cause

The Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) may be incorrectly initializing during start-up when the driver is backing up in "Reverse" gear while turning the steering wheel more than 60 degrees in one direction and then turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction another 60 degrees or more.

Correction

A new calibration has been released for the ESC module. Technicians are to reprogram the ESC module with the updated software calibration using SPS. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB.

I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
You've got DTC(s). Find out what they are and post.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
You really want the stability control functioning when driving on the street. The cars can and have swapped ends in a heartbeat under the right conditions.

The easy fix is to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem.

If you are into self help, start by checking each wheel sensor and each wheel to make sure that the mounting bolts are there and tight and that no obvious problems with the wheel sensors are visible. Then check to make sure that there are no problems with the obvious electrical connections, fuses etc.

It is possible that one of the wheel sensors is loose and delivering inconsistent data

It is less likely but possible that one of the wheel attachment bolts have come loose and is causing timing issues with the data.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good luck.

Those data indices flickering during an extreme braking situation is normal.
As long as you're not getting any random brake info on the DIC later on there is nothing to fret. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those data indices flickering during an extreme braking situation is normal.
As long as you're not getting any random brake info on the DIC later on there is nothing to fret. :)
my car is a 2008 model, and the code clears after i shut the car off, so the dealer can't read it. i wend to them and they said the car has to be turned of -__- but once i turn it on it's gone

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You really want the stability control functioning when driving on the street. The cars can and have swapped ends in a heartbeat under the right conditions.

The easy fix is to take it to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem.

If you are into self help, start by checking each wheel sensor and each wheel to make sure that the mounting bolts are there and tight and that no obvious problems with the wheel sensors are visible. Then check to make sure that there are no problems with the obvious electrical connections, fuses etc.

It is possible that one of the wheel sensors is loose and delivering inconsistent data

It is less likely but possible that one of the wheel attachment bolts have come loose and is causing timing issues with the data.
i will do this once i get home thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts