Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just talked to the Trucking company they don't want to check status of cars over the phone any more.

What they said is have you dealer check on line for the status of your car they can track it on a reg. basis every day.

The trucking company is Allied Automotive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
I just talked to the Trucking company they don't want to check status of cars over the phone any more.

What they said is have you dealer check on line for the status of your car they can track it on a reg. basis every day.

The trucking company is Allied Automotive. Hope this helps.
deluke, do you know what the dealer would have to do to track this online? I don't know if my dealer would know what to do. I had a hard enough time getting them to check my order in VOMS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you go to the website, they have a form that allows them to register. I tried registering under the 'Other User' type, but they did not grant me access - even after calling them.

I'm hoping my dealer will register and give me his id/password so I can track the vin myself.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dengel said:
deluke, do you know what the dealer would have to do to track this online? I don't know if my dealer would know what to do. I had a hard enough time getting them to check my order in VOMS.
Tell him to go to www.aag1.com/

He will open up a tracking account by answering a few questions. Then they send a code by email he has to put in the first time he logs in. After that he just logs in and types in the info on the form (make sure he puts in last 8 digets of vin onn the side of make so it would be Pontiac vin#********)They will email him back in a few min. I'll PM you the phone number in case he has to call them for any reason like having trouble getting in.Then he can check every day takes 1 min. to see if it their inventory and if it's been shipped, on hold, ect. I had one open but the front office shut it down because I wasn't a dealer.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rkgsx said:
If you go to the website, they have a form that allows them to register. I tried registering under the 'Other User' type, but they did not grant me access - even after calling them.

I'm hoping my dealer will register and give me his id/password so I can track the vin myself.
Great idea!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Question.........

Is Allied Automotive the main Trucking Company throughout the US for transporting the Solstice, Other than by railroad? :yawn:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ntouched said:
Is Allied Automotive the main Trucking Company throughout the US for transporting the Solstice, Other than by railroad? :yawn:
Yep ! Once it comes off the final train it gets turned over to the trucking end which is doing I believe all the trucking
for all Solstices.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Still don't have my car

My car is STILL on hold.

My dealer told me I should have had it 2 weeks ago! I'm getting very frustrated. Their "2nd" solstice will probably arrive before mine unless they are holding everything that comes off the assembly line.

I can't imagine what is taking so long to clear these cars. If they have to go back and fix each and every one and if the fix takes more than a few minutes, they may be better off just shutting the line down.

Why can't anyone get any answers about the hold? :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOL_in_CT said:
My car is STILL on hold.

My dealer told me I should have had it 2 weeks ago! I'm getting very frustrated. Their "2nd" solstice will probably arrive before mine unless they are holding everything that comes off the assembly line.

I can't imagine what is taking so long to clear these cars. If they have to go back and fix each and every one and if the fix takes more than a few minutes, they may be better off just shutting the line down.

Why can't anyone get any answers about the hold? :brentil:
:agree:

·
Registered
511 Posts
BBAT17 said:
Andrew Jackson, what stage is your car at right now?
My car has been on hold a long time it was built on 8/26/05
was invoiced on somtime around 9/26/05 .
I have no idea what has happend to it.
Talked to my dealer yesterday ,He says his tracking says, Ready for carrier pickup.He was going to talk to the Northeast Manager ,To see if he could give him any info.
Will keep you informed.
Looks like no one in Mass have received there cars.

·
Registered
183 Posts
BBAT17 said:
So this must mean that the New England cars are still on hold.
Yeah i just spoke with my dealer and he said my car is still on hold for Q and insurance.. ,, sucks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Same Here...still On-hold Waiting For Both The Car And Information While All Of The Good Driving Weather Here In The Northeast Passes By..... :( :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
So this confirms my suspicions. Way to go GM... Will they even be here by november, its not looking good if they are still all on hold. We're on good pace to get them and have to stick them in the garage till the spring at this rate!

i'm supposed to have 101263, not sure exactly when it was built but the dealer expected it to be here in MA september 29th or so.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
1 - 20 of 74 Posts