Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somone needs to make a web site where you can enter your ordernumber and it will show the status of your car! That way I don't have to just sit at my house and play the waiting game. It's worse then the cable guy telling you he will be by anytime between 8am-5pm. Good God.

You want to make a million dollers? Do it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Somone needs to make a web site where you can enter your ordernumber and it will show the status of your car! That way I don't have to just sit at my house and play the waiting game. It's worse then the cable guy telling you he will be by anytime between 8am-5pm. Good God.

You want to make a million dollers? Do it.
You're dealer has a program that wil sort out "order accepted, produced, in transit, schedule," but that is a bout it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
conejo148 said:
You're dealer has a program that wil sort out "order accepted, produced, in transit, schedule," but that is a bout it.
Is that web-based or in-house software?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Dang! I was hoping the tracking system would be better than that. It seems like it would be pretty easy to automate such a system. There's a bar-code right under the VIN plate, isn't there? Think that's scanned and put into a database as the car runs down the line, and one last time when it is put on the truck? I'm betting so! The data has to be there already, someone needs to get a program up and running that can collate and display that data.

If we all get ahold of the right phone number at the plant and keep bothering the right people they'll realize that a customer-accessable tracking system would make sense. At some point it would become more expensive to pay out all the man hours answering calls than to develop the software to distribute the information!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
In 2000 when I bought my Escape we managed to get a hold of a voice response phone number for dealers. But in a dealer code and then your VIN # and the system gave you basics like conejo148 described (various basic stages). I was hoping there would be something on the web now.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
conejo148 said:
It's in-house. I can't acces it from home, even though I have a log-in.
Would you search for us? If we found out what number you would need? What number is that exactly, the order number?

·
Registered
338 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Would you search for us? If we found out what number you would need? What number is that exactly, the order number?
Kind of. Actually, if one is produced, the rest can't be too far behind. It's tracked by a VIN, or by dealership BAC, (GM code.) It's pretty easy to do though, b/c after we set the parameters, we can search for up to 50 units, by option, color, trim, int., tran/engine, and by radius to the dealership. The info is updated every 24 hrs.

Example: Right now, there are 36 Yellow 2005 GTO's w/ 6-speed w/ in 500 miles of my dealership.

Or, to be a little more precise, there are 2 2005 Millenium Yellow 05 Vette conv., w/ 6-speed, 1SB option pkg, HUD, 3.42 Lmt Slip, , Z51 Perf. Pkg, [email protected] $64K in Wytheville, VA, the other in Jacksonville FLA for $62K.

Ya, I like yellow. But the point is we can be as specific or as generic about what we want to search for. Used mostly for locating vehicles for customers, whcih we really try not to do it for a bunch of reasons. Getting the title is a PITA, esp., out of state. Hard to sell something sight unseen, but we only do it w/ a non-refundable deposit, and only after the customer signs off on the window sticker, and drives the closest thing we have to it on the lot. Unless the unit shows up with crashed fender or cracked glass, or 8,000 miles, we really expect them to take it. It's a tricky deal all around though.

But, I'm sure all of the other dealers on here will be watching for the first ones to roll of w/ a 3800 code (produced.) They have VIN's assigned to them, maybe the lucky ones can post in a spreadsheet, and we can sort them out somehow, anything helps pass the boredom on a slow day, but I can't promise I'm going to manually enter 1000 VIN's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts