Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have an opportunity to trade my Sol order (due in three weeks) for a first 1,000 sol. It will cost me about $1,000.00, to do so. Is this worth doing? The present customer could care less about the serial number. They just want a driver. Both cars are identical orders. What do you guys think?

·
4,592 Posts
solstindy said:
I may have an opportunity to trade my Sol order (due in three weeks) for a first 1,000 sol. It will cost me about $1,000.00, to do so. Is this worth doing? The present customer could care less about the serial number. They just want a driver. Both cars are identical orders. What do you guys think?
I don't think any quality issues are found only on the 1st 1K that aren't on the other, let's see if anyone agrees.

I think the resale on a 1st 1K would be better, probably for sure, at least in the short run (speculative though).

Having a 1st 1K is a pretty cool idea, I've often regretted not going after one, but I'm a bit too practical.

In the end it's your choice...Don't let us sway you too much.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It really comes down to whether or not you feel having a F1K is worth an extra $1000. Its tough to speculate whether it will be worth more if or when you might sell it. But if you yourself will appreciate the fact that it is an F1K, and you will derive extra pleasure from that fact, then go ahead and buy it. If you are like the other guy and don't really care about the F1K VIN/plaque, don't waste the extra money and stick with your original order for MSRP.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I would wait 3 weeks and get my own. A first 1k just won't carry a $1000 premium over time. You could do a lot of things with $1000.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where is the $1000.00 difference coming from. Is it $1000.00 max. on GM Credit Card dollars?

·
Registered
576 Posts
There is a lot to be said about immediate gradification. Having a car in hand or maybe one in 3 weeks is worth something. Personally I think the F1K are worth more, but only time will bear it out.

I say go for it, unless you really can't afford the delta. ;)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
solstindy said:
MSRP THATS IT.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Do the trade......, but not for $1000.......

solstindy said:
If the other driver doesn't care about the serial number. Do it for $500. His car is used, excuse me.....I mean PRE-OWNED and yours is new. :yawn:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well - that fish got away!! The first 1k owner picked the car up before I could get the purchase set up. So now I will wait for mine to come in. (3 weeks) When I arrived at the dealer, they had a black on black Sol in front of the show room - NICE!!!. Got kick the tires, slam the doors, raise the hood, set in the seats and make VRRRROOM noises. Didn't get to drive it or start the engine but found it to be solid and all fits looked good. Can't wait to put on the shades, pop the top and go profiling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts