Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

I have a guy in texas who wants to trade a part from his truck with mine.

Question, is there a way to do this beyond the honor system? In otherwords, how would i know he'll ship his if i ship mine???

thanks

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Ask for him to send you a tracking number as soon as he ships it? I don't know if there is a very good way to do this other than the Honor System. If both of you ship at the same time, neither of you will have anything beyond the others word that they shipped it until you receive it. One of you could ship after you receive the part from the other, but that still leaves one of you on the honor system.

I think you just need to decide if you can trust this person to ship the part, and ship it in a timely manner. Is it an expensive part? I would be very leary to do this with something that cost a decent amount, but if its not too much that you could afford to buy it if the other party didn't come through you may be ok.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ff88, that's exactly what i tought. fortunatly, the other guy offered to send first, and trust i will send mine. the parts are worth about $10, so it makes sense that one could take a chance!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
$10 isn't bad, and if he is going to send first anyway it doesn't sound like you have much to lose! If it were me, I'd go ahead and make the deal, and just risk being out the $10. I've bought stuff off of ebay for higher than that, and by rule I never do an internet deal for more than I am comfortable losing. Just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts