Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked though the forum and see that many are towing trailers. I have an 07 Solstice with the 2.4 engine and automatic trans. My experience with automatics has been negative side. They tend to over heat. Has anyone have any experience with towing with an automatic Solstice?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't have any experience towing with an automatic solstice but I'd assume it would be the same as towing with a manual solstice. Just pull it up on the trailer and strap her down. As long as it isn't to awfully hot outside and you don't take to long to pull her up on the trailer, I'd like to think it won't overheat. If it does, I would recommend towing it to the nearest dealership as surely it must have a problem. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts
The auto transmissions are very robust. I have talked with many owners who tow trailers and have never heard from anyone about heat problems. I expect you will get answers from some of them.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I pull a trailer with my 2009 Coupe...no problems with heat, but the gas mileage stinks.

I pull a 4 X 8 trailer, have had a 700 Series John Deere with 62" mowing deck on it. you should hear the comments at the gas station when i pull in, even when they just see the hitch mounted on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.