Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just recieved mine and it fits terrible. It does not fit over the stock pontiac logo at all, so I removed it and it still looks terrible. The pontiac logo, being made of thin aluminum is ruined, so I am stuck with this little piece of plastic that doesnt look good at all. It doesnt stick, and if it does, one side sticks way out. I expected a little more than a small plastic medallion for 20 dollars.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just recieved mine and it fits terrible. It does not fit over the stock pontiac logo at all, so I removed it and it still looks terrible. The pontiac logo, being made of thin aluminum is ruined, so I am stuck with this little piece of plastic that doesnt look good at all. It doesnt stick, and if it does, one side sticks way out. I expected a little more than a small plastic medallion for 20 dollars.
For the best fit, you must remove the factory center cap from the wheel. If that one is defective, I would be happy to send you another one free of charge.

Tony

·
Registered
108 Posts
how hard is it to remove the old cap?

"For the best fit, you must remove the factory center cap from the wheel. If that one is defective, I would be happy to send you another one free of charge.

Tony "

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just used a small screwdriver. I did ruin it while removing it but then again I didn't care so I didn't try not to. Love my transformers centercap!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ya, mine doesn't fit that well either. I was a little worried after 2.4solstice06's comments. The problem is the disc is flat but what it sticks onto isn't flat. There's a bulging plastic component underneath the pontiac emblem disc that prevents it from sitting properly. I couldn't get it to fit properly without one side sticking up. The plastic disc should be slightly rounded or it should basically be the same design as stock so it can be pushed into the existing slits.

But to get the existing one out I don't think there's anyway to do that without ruining it. I tried using a plastic spudger at first, to pry it off, but I ended up snapping my spudger. So then I used a flat-head screwdriver, but as I was prying up each side of the pontiac emblem, the soft metal started to bend. I pretty much ruined it getting it off.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In order for the best fit you must remove the factory piece. Our piece is not totally flat. We heat them up to give them a little bit of a domed shape. You can use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat up the plastic to form it a bit more to try and cover the factory piece but it looks so much better when you remove it and it sits nice and flush with the wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 31 of 31 Posts