Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As every one knows, one of the issues effecting the Solstice is transportation delays. Well GM is taking some initiatives to help the issue across their line up. Currently the in-transit pipeline is running approximately 60% above target or normal levels. GM recognizes that this situation would continue to February 2006 without action. They are implimenting several plans to "better utilize scare industry resources (rail, truck, ocean vessel) to maximize GM's ability to deliver new vehicles to all GM Dealers...".

GM will be adding incremental and/or alternative haul-away capacity in select locations. They will also contract with logisitic providers to drive new vehicles to dealerships within 50 miles of select locations.

GM Dealers have also been asked to work with logistic providers to allow 24-7 deliveries and alternative methods.

So hopefully this will help one part of the puzzle. Just thought everyone should know.

Also in a some what related topic (but not worth a new thread).

GM is adjusting procedures to make sure that vehicles are not invoiced to dealerships until they are actually shipped. Think we will call it the "Solstice Rule" :) .

·
Registered
284 Posts
If they'd take off the "destination fee" that gets thrown into all orders and replace it with an airplane ticket for me to fly to Deleware and pick my car up at the plant I would gladly go that route!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
simmonsmb said:
If they'd take off the "destination fee" that gets thrown into all orders and replace it with an airplane ticket for me to fly to Deleware and pick my car up at the plant I would gladly go that route!!!

I world happily drive 90 miles North to the plant... anytime... any day. Just PM me, and I will hit rt. 1 to 141. I would be a great photo op!

BTW, I think Delaware is the only state without a commercial airport.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Eastocean said:
I world happily drive 90 miles North to the plant... anytime... any day. Just PM me, and I will hit rt. 1 to 141.

BTW, I think Delaware is the only state without a commercial airport.
I've always wanted to learn how to sky dive. lol

As long as I could get within 75 miles I'd be alright. Hey, instead of a plane ticket I'd be happy if they'd give me the dest. fee to put towards gas to drive the ~12 hours there. I'm sure I could round up a buddy for a road trip!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the great info Small Dealer! Once again you're coming through with the inside track info. You really help make the waiting a little easier! :thumbs:

Any idea what the "select" locations are that will be getting Sol's trucked instead of rail?

Thanks again for the info.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing is for sure, if you do show up on at Boxwood Rd to pick up your Solstices, the destination charge ($575) stays. Might get them to pop for $50 and an autographed picture of GMLineDog. ;)

The message didn't go into details on where the "select" trouble spots or areas of improvement would be. And keep in mind this is the whole company, not just the Solstice. Although that is the only car that we worry about here.

·
Registered
474 Posts
And keep in mind this is the whole company said:
What? GM makes other cars? Not just the Solstice??? :)

Just Kidding --

You are right, that's the only car we are worried about and we are all going :willy:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Small Dealer said:
....to drive new vehicles to dealerships within 50 miles of select locations..
Don't know that I like that statement. Oh well, its JUST a car, right?

·
Registered
363 Posts
thank you sd

Thanks man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts