Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking around since I ordered my Agressive on 10/8 and have learned alot of information! Many Thanks :cheers:

I received the following email from my dealer this morning, I am not sure what it says.. exactly.....!

.....As far as your order, we received our first shipment of four solstices, we currrently have four cars that are in various stages of production, all of which should be completed by the end of the year. After those four we have seven orders which are classified as preliminary orders which have not entered the production cycles yet. And yes, yours is one of those seven. It is prioritized and number 3 on that list. the order number is #JPWDXP...

My dealer has been GREAT and I don't want to be a pest as they told me as soon as I walked into the door on 10/8 that I was looking at an April 06 deliver date.

Does this mean I am number 3 in their 2nd alloaction?? Any other comments/thoughts??

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sol=Patience said:
Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking around since I ordered my Agressive on 10/8 and have learned alot of information! Many Thanks :cheers:

I received the following email from my dealer this morning, I am not sure what it says.. exactly.....!

.....As far as your order, we received our first shipment of four solstices, we currrently have four cars that are in various stages of production, all of which should be completed by the end of the year. After those four we have seven orders which are classified as preliminary orders which have not entered the production cycles yet. And yes, yours is one of those seven. It is prioritized and number 3 on that list. the order number is #JPWDXP...

My dealer has been GREAT and I don't want to be a pest as they told me as soon as I walked into the door on 10/8 that I was looking at an April 06 deliver date.

Does this mean I am number 3 in their 2nd alloaction?? Any other comments/thoughts??

Thanks for your help!!
It looks that way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would ask how many were in their first allocation, and I believe they should know their second allocation quantity by now. If they don't yet know, they should know by December.

They could mean they had four in their first allocation, four in their second which are on order now, and then seven waiting after that. They definitely wont mind answering an allocation question, and I bet the order manager has the number on the top of his head. My dealer is also a very, very good dealer, and I only bugged him once a week for updates which he didn't mind at all. Dealers are about as excited as we are about this car. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

I think you are correct! I will ask the question about the number of cars in their second allocation.

:cheers:

·
2,574 Posts
Sol=Patience said:
I think you are correct! I will ask the question about the number of cars in their second allocation.

:cheers:
That's probably right. In any case GM has responded to a real allocation slot by assigning a VOMS # to your order. It's real! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Regardless of allocation you are #3 or 7 of the orders in but not yet being built. Sounds like a pretty decent size dealer with 4 delivered + 4 in the pipe.

Best guess early spring 06.

Keep that VOM number written down. That could come in handy later in the game to check your status.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the info. Are the allocations numbers for dealers usually consistant from one period to the next?

Have a great Thanksgiving !!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Allocations are typically based on a turn and earn basis. If a dealers turns the inventory fast they get more allocation. But....with a hot vehicle where all are sold like the SOl there are other factors but bottom line it comes down to production. The sol plant has gone to three shifts per day now. With 40 jobs (vehicles) per hour, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, the production has been stepped up greatly. Barring production problems everyones orders will be built even with the Saturn Sky and European Opel model coming on line early next year.

Demand is hot now but this is a very very small vehicle segment. Compared to the middle segment (Camry, Impala, Ford 500) this segment can be filled very quickly so be patient it will be built. Ready for Spring top down weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts