Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would try here as it does list "transportation" as one of the subjects.

Am wanting to drive mine around Lake Tahoe and the blue ridge parkway, two really scenic drives(I highly recommend them if you live within a couple hundred miles of either). unfortunately, i'm in Houston and 1,000 miles away from both, minimum.

I have looked into transports and can get them transported from Houston to Atlanta and Houston to reno and can afford the transport costs(currently around $500 hou to atl one way and $1000 hou to reno one way); my issue is finding a transport company that can drop it off somewhere like an auto garage or even a transport facility, they want you to be at the drop off and considering the drop off day can vary, it makes it hard to do.

just curious if anyone has a been through this before and knows how to make it work. there would be plenty of places to drop it in cities the size of Reno and Atlanta that should be trustable, like a GM dealership.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
It maybe worth mentioning.......if you end up using a car hauler 18 wheeler then make certain that your car is put on the top, NOT bottom.

You don't want some nasty car above yours dripping oil on your nice convertible top!

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
You should contact a broker rather than a shipper, as they usually have options in major cities that will allow you to have the vehicle picked-up or dropped-off without your presence. You will pay extra for the service, of course. You could also ask the shipper you have chosen to see if they offer this service.

Are there forum members in either area that would be willing to accept the vehicle?

FYI: Every reputable transporter has drip trays that will keep anything from the upper vehicles from dropping onto lower vehicles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should contact a broker rather than a shipper, as they usually have options in major cities that will allow you to have the vehicle picked-up or dropped-off without your presence. You will pay extra for the service, of course. You could also ask the shipper you have chosen to see if they offer this service.

Are there forum members in either area that would be willing to accept the vehicle?

FYI: Every reputable transporter has drip trays that will keep anything from the upper vehicles from dropping onto lower vehicles.
thanks, will do.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
The issue with most transporters and I have a few friends who have used this type of service is that they want somebody there when the car is delivered to sign off that there is no damage that occurred during shipping . If you decide to go this route make sure you take pictures of your car so that if there is an issue you have proof of the condition before shipping .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts