Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Sol out for a ride today and during my ride, I was just playing with the cup holder on the side of the console (the one near the left leg of a passenger). I opened it up, but now it won't close.
I think this is like the 2nd or 3rd time it was ever opened.
It only closes maybe a third to half way and then it just stops.

Is there a trick to closing it?

Shoulda never played with it.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Due to all the posts about busted cup holders I've gotten in the practice of taking the time to help fold the part that folds and then gently push it in. There's been a few times it didn't want to fold but by continuing to wiggling it, it always eventually fold. Not sure if everyone else gets tired and simply slams it shut which may helping to cause it to break.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Replace it with the Santana billet cup holder. You will be happy. It looks great and it won't break. Did I say it looks great!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you can actually get the whole cupholder frame out, go to Rob the Elders Cup Holder Suckage Page and do the mod he shows. Essentially it involves sanding some key points on the underside of the armature. I did this and it has been the most awesome thing ever. Never hangs up now. Of course if you have the cash replace it with the Santana cup holder but if you don't this works great. I'll try to find the post for ya.

Edit here it is:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74560

SOLO DIO

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Even just a little bit of dilectric grease to lube it helps a ton. Follow godrod's link to Rob's thread - as usual it's an excellent resource.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts