Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the Trifecta Budget Tune for my 2008 GXP. My only changes have been to add 3" Magna Flow Cat-back and GMPP CAI. Will this tune work for me? After the tune, I probably won't do any other mods. Also, I was wondering about the option of when to have the tune come on (cruise, comp, or all the time). I was inclined to go with "always on" as I am just a weekend fun cruiser looking for a little more pop. Not a daily commuter.
BTW, I've only had the car for 6 weeks and recently joined the forum but, I used this forum as a researech tool for months before my purchase. I am grateful for all the awesome information that's available here!!:)

·
Registered
847 Posts
My first mod was the budget tune, my second was SOLO's HF CAT...I asked Vince before I purchased my CAI about a few future mods I have in mind. I asked him If I would need to retune after the CAI, Intercooler, or exhaust. He said that wouldnt be necessary. So in short, Yes you will notice a huge difference with the budget tune! It really wakes up the car! I would for sure recommend you using the cruise button to toggle it, thats how I have it, and I really like it like that. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I went with the budget tune as well and have been very pleased with the results! Definitely a noticeable increase in power, the car can now spin tires from 1st through 3rd gear, not that it matters, but sure fun! :lol: I also have the magnaflow catback and for now don't plan on other engine mods, except maybe an intercooler in the future, regardless the tune will work perfectly with what you have planned. I daily drive my car and leave the tune on, it is controlled through the cruise button, which I find to be the best method.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am a Trifecta dealer,I ordered a tune for my car also,if all you have is a catback and a CAI you will be fine with the budget tune.You should notice a difference with this tune.I first installed my tune wit the Cruise control option,then changed it to the TC button.I like them both for different reasons,so it really depends on how you want to use it.The hide a tune/select tune is a nice feature,If I use the T/C button it is more difficult for someone to by accident have it on so it is a bit more hidden from someone who just may use your ride to go get a loaf of bread or something.The Cruise will allow you to more easily shift into the Trifecta mode as I like to call it on the fly which is also fun.Order the tune ,you will be happy,may want to consider replacing your charge tube ,factory tube has some restrictions in they way they were manufactured,aftermarket tubes were mandrel bent and are smoother so the air flow to the turbo is improved.Have fun with that toy get your tune and enjoy your 300hp.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
A quick addition, In my opinion, if you add a CAI that is not GMMP you should upgrade to the premium datalogged tune or get the ECP tuning option that does not use the MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts