Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Solstice owners. I am on season 3 with my stock '07 GXP and decided to add a few horses. From what I gather, the Trifecta tune and high-flow cat seem like the place to start (I went Solo catless-how can you get more high-flow than that?) While I wait for these items to show up so I can install them, is there anything else that I will need to complete the package? O2 sensors? I plan on breaking the old gal in for a while, but what would be the next step? New exhaust? Also, when the tune asks about the on/off, I get the cruise control on=tune on, but the other option is comp mode on=tune on. What is comp mode? Is this option added when the tune is uploaded? Thanks in advance for the help...I love my Solstice!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am not familiar with trifecta, but before you upload the tune I'll suggest the following: spark plugs, intake valve cleaning, belts, oil change, brake pads if needed and tires (if they are in bad shape or too old). I would skip the charge pipes, intercooler (unless you are going to race back to back) and a cold air intake, all 3 offer minimal performance gains not worth the money. Wait on the catback exhaust maybe you like the sound of the catless downpipe, if the downpipe doesn't come with a gasket buy one from solo performance.

Enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
What is comp mode?
Double tap the Traction Control button... and you're in competitive mode. I am running Trifecta's switchable tune ($400), the car has their base tune running until I double tap the button, which activates their custom tune. The custom tune takes into account any mods done to the car. It is quite a difference between the two tunes! :grin:

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts
....... What is comp mode? .......
"Comp mode" (technically "Competitive Driving Mode") is one of four states that the Electronic Stability/Traction Control System can be in.

>On powering the car, ESC and TC are both on.
>Pushing the control button once turns TC off, but leaves ESC on. The traction control light on the DIC will be on.
>Pushing the control button twice within 5 seconds enables Comp Mode, turns TC off, puts ESC in a limited mode, lights the TC light and sends a "Competitive Mode" message.
>Pushing the control button and holding it for 5 seconds (it seems longer) turns both TC and ESC completely off, lights the TC light and sends a "ESC Off" message.
>Pushing the control button again (after 5 seconds) will turn TC and/or ESC back on and the TC light off.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I installed my Trifecta tune about a year ago; the tune's default setting was - tune on: cruise off; tune off:cruise on.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I would skip the charge pipes, intercooler (unless you are going to race back to back) and a cold air intake, all 3 offer minimal performance gains not worth the money.

Enjoy your car!
It may be worth noting - the cold air intake allows the turbo and blow off valve to be heard much more loudly.

To me, it was worth the money just for the sound.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
It may be worth noting - the cold air intake allows the turbo and blow off valve to be heard much more loudly.

I found the strangled goose noise annoying at first and later just grew to ignore it to the point where I never notice it anymore. It would only be a plus for the CA kit if you are an owner that delights in such things. For others it could be an irritation.

·
Super Moderator
5,949 Posts

Nasty sound. There isn't much more annoying than being on a run with someone that has a CAI. Except for two of them.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Roll bar.

Because race car.

(It also stiffens up the chassis quite a bit.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts