Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
You pay the extra for the custom tune if you think you are doing something Trifecta won't necessarily have a suitable tune for already. They have the basic catch-all for 99% of cars that covers the usual minor stuff - exhausts air filters and such.

I logged my car because I had added a big wheel K04 turbo. At that point, back in 2009/2010, Trifecta had tuned Cobalts with that mod, but not Kappas and I wanted to be sure everything was dialed in properly. If you aren't doing anything like that to your car, you won't pick up much, if anything by using the more expensive logged tune, IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Does anyone have the part # for the bong extender for the O2 sensor? Sounds like I'll be needing one of those...

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I'm sure Solo Exhaust has them, or even the person you bought your down pipe from. I'm surprised it didn't come with it. So you know what you're looking for...the end that will go into the exhaust will be threaded on the outside, the other end will be threaded on the inside...IMSMC.... I don't use a HFC, so I've never seen one, I'm just going by memory and what others here have done with a HFC....

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It's a pretty generic part. There are tons on Amazon. Just a piece of pipe that's threaded on one end and tapped on the other end.

Or, just do what the rest of us and use HPT to turn off the CEL for that code. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
UPDATE: Man, I must be on a bad episode of some reality show. Turns out the Chevy dealer ordered the wrong ECM! Dave said he has used ones for $200...will the beating ever end? About ready to stick the barrel of a .45 in my mouth and call it quits...meanwhile, car sits dead in the parking lot while the summer clock keeps ticking...

·
Registered
238 Posts
UPDATE: Man, I must be on a bad episode of some reality show. Turns out the Chevy dealer ordered the wrong ECM! Dave said he has used ones for $200...will the beating ever end? About ready to stick the barrel of a .45 in my mouth and call it quits...meanwhile, car sits dead in the parking lot while the summer clock keeps ticking...
Take Dave up on his offer and fight the battle to get your money back from the dealer separately, with your car running. If necessary, dispute the charge on your credit card (let the dealer know first that you are willing to do so...too many disputes costs them in higher processing fees).

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I warned you about this!! Make 100% sure that you get you're money back from the dealer. They were supposed to use your VIN to order that part, so it's on them!!! Make sure they refund your money 100%

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
You were right, Ghost! I'm just waiting to get it back from Dave, then I'm afraid they have to take it back and give me a refund. 100% their fault! I think I forgot what a Solstice looks like...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I got my ECM from Dave today, after shipping it back once--he only put the base tune on it initially. It finally works! I only had time to take it for a quick spin, but the boost definitely hits 23 psi now! She goes through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd faster than the blink of an eye. It only took half of the summer, but I am finally looking forward to enjoying the ride and putting this whole debacle behind me. Anybody need a brand new ECM with the stock tune? Maybe I'll just keep it as a spare. Thanks everybody!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts