Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few posts about how to make the gas gauge easier to see. i am still confused about the best and least costly way to do this. The darn thing is just way down there in the bottom of that dark tunnel and for me it's just about impossible to read it, except at night when it is better illuminated.

Is it possible to pull the gauges and just cut off the back of the tunnel to bring the gauge up maybe an inch? I see how to pull the dash but I don't to do it until I have a plan.

I'd like to avoid upgrading the LEDs but it does look like a viable solution. My car is a 2006 Solstice.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and my apologies if I missed this being covered in my search of the archives.

John

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Here's a trick that works sometimes: Grasp the steering wheel at 12 o'clock. The light reflecting off your hand illuminates the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the guage that tells me how much gas I have left in miles to empty. It shows up under the tack. It is turned on with button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking about the problem with my wife. She said, "Could I offer a low-tech solution?" Of course I said, "Yes." She replied, "Why don't you just buy one of those two dollar LED flashlights and keep it in the car."

Duh! Problem solved!

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I forgot - I want to thank all of you for your kind responses and solutions. I love to tinker with the car but I love to save money more than that!

This is a great forum!

John

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
Blackcat custom makes replacement gauge clusters so you can have really BIG digits, or you can order the super bright replacement LEDs from them that will brighten up things a lot.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
A higher contrast gauge face may negate the need for a large font.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts