Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a client of mine today around 11:00 AM who was on the PA turnpike in the Cranberry Area (North of Pittsburgh) In the middle of our discussion he stopped and said he had just been passed by a car carrier loaded with Solstices heading West. I wonder if they are on their way for testing in Michigan?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Besides the GM Proving Grounds in Milford (MI), anybody know were else they would go for testing??

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Maybe tire testing in Texas. Is it too early for Death Valley?

·
Registered
251 Posts
If he was on the turnpike near Pittsburgh, he is not likely going to Texas.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My son called at 2:45 pm this afternoon, said that he had just seen a truck load of Solstices heading northbound on I-275 south of I-94. Could be the same truck load.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If these are the same cars that were leaving Wilmington after the weekend display they sure are taking their time. Unless there is definitely more than one truyck, which would be the case if the estimated 30 cars were all headed to Milford. I76 (PA turnpike) or I80 would be the onlly e-w routes from Del through PA.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
SOL MIO said:
Besides the GM Proving Grounds in Milford (MI), anybody know were else they would go for testing??
There is also "Black Lake" in Michigan where GM does some testing

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
achieftain said:
If these are the same cars that were leaving Wilmington after the weekend display they sure are taking their time.
Maybe driver stopped off for his own test drive :devil:

·
Registered
251 Posts
What RAT, the driver went right by my house... HEY MR. TRUCK DRIVER, I, along with all my Forum buddies, would be glad to do some testing!!... :yesnod:

Based on previous postings (timeframes), sounds like same truck, and it's probably going to GM Proving Grounds!! That is good news!!

Ya know, come to think of it, we were discussing a "Deepthroat" connection in another thread...

·
Registered
64 Posts
SOL MIO said:
dylan01 said:
There is also "Black Lake" in Michigan where GM does some testing
Many Sols have started to show up at the Warren Tech Center, north of Detroit and east of Milford.

Black Lake is a certain part of the Milford Proving Grounds. It is just a huge flat area of blacktop where you can perform just about any type of manuever without worry of hitting anything. Just a HUGE skidpad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts