Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should we believe that some higher VINs are arriving before the 1st 1000 are all delivered? Personally, I DON"T want to believe it. :cuss:
Sorry... thought I was kind of in this special group. Guess I'm feeling a little anxiety to go with my spoiled attitude. Kudos if you got yours already... including the VINs that don't matter as much. ;)
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
lepiane said:
should we believe that some higher VINs are arriving before the 1st 1000 are all delivered? Personally, I DON"T want to believe it. :cuss:
Sorry... thought I was kind of in this special group. Guess I'm feeling a little anxiety to go with my spoiled attitude. Kudos if you got yours already... including the VINs that don't matter as much. ;)
:glol: I think that they held off as long as they could. It seemed like the "runts" of the litter (AKA: post 1000) were beginning to pile up and needed to be set loose. The whole "1st 1000" thing was a great marketing sell, but now that there are an estimated >17,000 orders ... they most start to roll the "average" Sols out. ;)

As I have learned ;) ... GM would rather upset a small group, than to disrupt their bottom line. ;) Just as any other Fortune 500 company would do. JMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
1st 1000 BUILT for retail sale, not Shipped

MSG_McKee said:
:glol: I think that they held off as long as they could. It seemed like the "runts" of the litter (AKA: post 1000) were beginning to pile up and needed to be set loose. The whole "1st 1000" thing was a great marketing sell, but now that there are an estimated >17,000 orders ... they most start to roll the "average" Sols out. ;)

As I have learned ;) ... GM would rather upset a small group, than to disrupt their bottom line. ;) Just as any other Fortune 500 company would do. JMHO
Also keep in mind that the stated 1st 1000 moniker was "The first 1000 units built for retail sale.", not the 1st 1000 built AND shipped for retail sale.

So, while there will be those "upset" by the shipping of non first 1k vehicles, there's no breach of "promise" here.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Also keep in mind that the stated 1st 1000 moniker was "The first 1000 units built for retail sale.", not the 1st 1000 built AND shipped for retail sale.

So, while there will be those "upset" by the shipping of non first 1k vehicles, there's no breach of "promise" here.
:agree: and BTW ... did you notice my previous ... well thought out post? ;)

Crimson ... you are either up early, or very late. :yawn: It is 245 pm here, but it must be around 545 am Central.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
:agree: and BTW ... did you notice my previous ... well thought out post? ;)
Indeed! Well done, and quite even handed I would add. Jolly good....:)

Your posts have, that I have noticed, never been inflammatory (wry and a bit sarcastic, but within bounds). So your contributions are much appreciated. Keep up the good work, and carry on!

MSG_McKee said:
Crimson ... you are either up early, or very late. :yawn: It is 245 pm here, but it must be around 545 am Central.
This food poisoning that I've had while I've been at the IEEE Symposium on Fusion Engineering has my body clock turned completely upside down and destabilized. I've been pretty weak, and only able to go to some of the sessions, but I'm still a student, so this wasn't a must see.

I'm in Knoxville, TN until Saturday, it's 07:08 as I write this, and I slept from about 11:00/19:00 earlier today.... make that yesterday.

It's just getting to be first light here in Knoxville.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
lepiane said:
should we believe that some higher VINs are arriving before the 1st 1000 are all delivered? Personally, I DON"T want to believe it. :cuss:
Sorry... thought I was kind of in this special group. Guess I'm feeling a little anxiety to go with my spoiled attitude. Kudos if you got yours already... including the VINs that don't matter as much. ;)
Yep "Mayor: vin # 1135 got his yesterday.And so did harry, they're in NJ. Yesterday.


:willy: :willy: :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
I have not too out of sorts at the possibility of post F1k leaving the factory before all F1k's have been delivered. Since it has taken some cars up to 6 weeks to travel from plant to garage I still feel safe that my car will arrive before first frost. There COULD very well be first allocation cars on the truck with 726 this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Back on topic, mine hasn't arrived yet either.... I hope.

deluke said:
Yep "Mayor: vin # 1135 got his yesterday.


:willy: :willy: :willy:
Thanks, I got a bit off topic.

Back on topic, I'm not sure if mine has arrived in California yet. I kind of hope it hasn't yet, because I'd like to be there when it does arrive....

My perspective is a bit longer term, and I've taken a more Zen attitude toward the whole process.

Having said that, however, I too am anxious and excited that the delivery is so close. I find it very encouraging that many of the post 1000 cars are arriving. It means that largely, their manufacturing process has been well sorted out by now, and future Solstice owners will have some great cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
I think GM was very conscientious in making sure that the F1K cars SHIPPED (left the plant) before any post-F1K. But lets look at reality. The Mayor got his post-F1K car before you because Southern NJ is about 100 miles from the plant, and the cars are shipped directly by truck to this area of the country. lepiane, you are in Southern California about 3000 miles from the plant, and your Solstice has to be shipped by train/truck/slow boat to China before it gets to you. GM would be stacking Solstices up like cordwood if they waited until the last F1K reaches the west coast before releasing post-F1K cars for shipment. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
I think GM was very conscientious in making sure that the F1K cars SHIPPED (left the plant) before any post-F1K. But lets look at reality. The Mayor got his post-F1K car before you because Southern NJ is about 100 miles from the plant, and the cars are shipped directly by truck to this area of the country. lepiane, you are in Southern California about 3000 miles from the plant, and your Solstice has to be shipped by train/truck/slow boat to China before it gets to you. GM would be stacking Solstices up like cordwood if they waited until the last F1K reaches the west coast before releasing post-F1K cars for shipment. :)
dengel any word on yours ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Don't worry, I won't let anyone know I that I have mine (I don't yet... really) until AFTER everyone here with an F1K car has theirs! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
No Top Secret stamp, no special secrecy

2KWK4U said:
Don't worry, I won't let anyone know I that I have mine (I don't yet... really) until AFTER everyone here with an F1K car has theirs! :)
Somehow, I just don't think, for a second, that you'd be able to keep that one under wraps. ;)

I know you have special training, but since the information wouldn't have that bright red "Top Secret" stamped on the cover, it just wouldn't get the same level of protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Crimson Avenger,

The two great "inventions" of the 21st century: reliable fusion energy and, don't laugh, anti-gravity (or reverse gravity energy).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
dengel any word on yours ??
No word. I keep getting the run around, whoever I talk to just tells me they can't answer my questions and I need to talk to someone else. Obviously, something got screwed up and my order was not a ZZ, but no one can tell me what happened. I'm going to go to the dealer at lunch today to try and get them to call the DBC for me, to try and at least get an explanation of what happened. Wish me luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
No word. I keep getting the run around, whoever I talk to just tells me they can't answer my questions and I need to talk to someone else. Obviously, something got screwed up and my order was not a ZZ, but no one can tell me what happened. I'm going to go to the dealer at lunch today to try and get them to call the DBC for me, to try and at least get an explanation of what happened. Wish me luck!
Good Luck !!

:blueangel :blueangel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Somehow, I just don't think, for a second, that you'd be able to keep that one under wraps. ;)

I know you have special training, but since the information wouldn't have that bright red "Top Secret" stamped on the cover, it just wouldn't get the same level of protection.
Careful what you reveal, here, Crimson. I'm afraid you know too much.... The "men in black" will be paying you a visit. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Hey!

deluke said:
Yep "Mayor: vin # 1135 got his yesterday.And so did harry, they're in NJ. Yesterday.


:willy: :willy: :willy:
I'm in NJ and my 1223 hasn't been delivered yet... Looks like I gotta see the dealer this weekend!!! :brentil: :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
eeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssooooooooooooOOOOOO!

PAS22 said:
Crimson Avenger,

The two great "inventions" of the 21st century: reliable fusion energy and, don't laugh, anti-gravity (or reverse gravity energy).
Interesting you should mention that. The first one is getting much closer, the second is, in the words of Douglas Adams's "Deep Thought" computer, "Tricky...."

You must have seen one of my earlier posts indicating that I'm actually at a Fusion Conference that just ended this Thursday. The next decade will be very exciting in Fusion Science, and there is still work to do. For me, that is actually encouraging, because all of the problems are not already solved.

We're a ways off from being able to control the warping of space and time in a way such that you can get negative gravity fields, but Quantum Gravity can offer a glimpse that you might be able to get interesting species like gravitons of opposite character to help you create a damping or repulsive field by curving space and time to your own designs. Are we close? No, not really, but it's not complete tin-foil hat stuff either.

Perhaps more interesting is the recent work in quantum cryptography and quantum integrity checking using what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance". We've actually got that stuff working over distances up to 100 km.

Hmmm.... I wonder if this post was just to see if he could bate me to write a post that goes completely orthogonal AND skew to the flow of the thread... If so, seems to me that it was a great success ;)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top