Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

...right above my right taillight (as shown in first picture) the trunk sticks up when its closed....the second picture shows above the left taillight where it sits properly...does anyone know a fix for this...i have lowered the right rubber bumper/stopper thats just inside the trunk all the way and it did not help anything....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Funny thing. I was going to post this very same question the other day. I find my trunk a bit high over the lights myself. I was going to do what you did, but haven't so far and I think I'll wait until someone here knows exactly what to do. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just forwarding it along, someone posted it and it helped me!
PS ...that was soo much harder than I thought it would be, I had no way to get to the bolt on the back hinge without taking the trunk off!! So I took the trunk off, then had to hold that thing down the whole time I unscrewed it...ended up over correcting it just a bit, had to stop cause it got late, so now there is a dip in the right side and now the left side is just a bit high, but at least I know how to do it so next time it will be a bit quicker...and just in case anyone was wondering, the rubber bumpers on the sides that are in the trunk take a T30 Torx (someone helped me the other day with that)

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
After I saw you were going to try the hinge adjustment thing I had to go out and open my trunk just to figure out where those bolts were located.

I'm glad that worked out for you. :yay:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i tried a couple different ways and the only way that worked was taking the trunk completely off...i'll post pictures here in a few! (as i said before i over corrected a bit, and will have to fix this next week)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts