Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so as many of you may know, I recently traded in my 2.4 for a GXP and first thing i noticed was that the rear trunk gaps were way off. But since this was not my first solstice, i thought i could adjust it once i got home. I tried but can't figure it out! The gap I keep seeing is all the way up front where the top of the deck lid meets with the silver "b" pillar. If I close the trunk with little effort, the lid catches but the trunk sticks up in the rear close to the spoiler and it also causes the "trunk ajar" light to stay on. If i slam it shut, it does close all the way and the light goes off, but I'm left with an ugly gap back up front. It's about .25" off. My old red 2.4 base model never had this problem. The top i can tell is still very new because it's so stiff still. Car only has 19k miles on it. i don't think the last owner put the top down that often. Does anyone think the top is to blame, being that it's so new or is there a way to adjust the height of the rear trunk when closing like we can with the front hood bump stops? I did not see any bump stops that looked like they would help in adjusting the height. Anyone have any good ideas?:cuss:

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you look at the inside of the trunk lid on the side you should see a block that has an adjustment on it,this will allow the trunk lid to sit a little lower.Had teh same issue with my 07 GXP and I was able to resolve both the trunk lid light on and teh gap in my trunk lid.Give it a try.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look at the inside of the trunk lid on the side you should see a block that has an adjustment on it,this will allow the trunk lid to sit a little lower.Had teh same issue with my 07 GXP and I was able to resolve both the trunk lid light on and teh gap in my trunk lid.Give it a try.
That was the first thing I tried. It did not help much at all. I ended up using small rubber clear stick on bump stoppers on the corners. The driver's side seems to sit lower than the passenger side. My guess is because this is the side I use most for closing it shut when slamming. I tried closing it from the other side and still got the same results. That's when I decided to just ad a rubber stopper. It helped a little bit. But it's still not where I want it to be.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you have seen the adjustment PDF doc from three years ago?
Nope. Did a search, found no such thing. I only found other people complaining about the trunk ajar op light being on.

·
Registered
406 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts