Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made our first real trip to the Western Solstice meet and discovered the trunk. It had long been a concern that the trunk was too small, non-existent! No one could possibly take the car on a trip. Well I am happy to say there is ample room for most needs.

My wife and I both took separate bags with 2 changes of clothing each. Mine included a shaving kit and hers a complete makeup kit. We both brought extra shoes and each had both a lightweight jacket and a heavy jacket.

Shopping bags required a little more innovation but we were able to get home with more than we took, which always makes the wife happy.

Here are a couple of pictures of the packed trunk.

:yawn:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow may I say that is some nice packing looks like you could still jack hammer a tookpick in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So does everything in the first picture fit under the top when it is down?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FFB said:
So does everything in the first picture fit under the top when it is down?
Yes, just laid the jackets over the bags and put the top down. I started with the jackets on the sides and that did not work, but over the bags were fine. :cool:

A nice addition to the owners manual would be bag specifications and packing suggestions.

·
5,600 Posts
Glad to hear that the minimal trunk room is sufficient for light weekend duty. I will eventually be doing a trip of a month or more in this car, so I'm hoping some creative light packing will see me through. I hate to leave more than a jacket or backpack on the passenger floor, as it is too easy to forget to bring it into restaurants or on local walks after parking. The more valuables I can get in the trunk, the better. Of course, everything on the passenger floor will go in the trunk after I park and put the top up anyway - so less issue there.

Thanks for the reality check. It helps.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
SolLate said:
We made our first real trip to the Western Solstice meet and discovered the trunk. It had long been a concern that the trunk was too small, non-existent! No one could possibly take the car on a trip. Well I am happy to say there is ample room for most needs.

My wife and I both took separate bags with 2 changes of clothing each. Mine included a shaving kit and hers a complete makeup kit. We both brought extra shoes and each had both a lightweight jacket and a heavy jacket.

Shopping bags required a little more innovation but we were able to get home with more than we took, which always makes the wife happy.

Here are a couple of pictures of the packed trunk.

:yawn:
Nicely documented, SolLate! I couldn't agree more! Mrs. SolsticeEnjoying and I just returned from the Hilton Head Island event on the East coast, and we had a total of over 8 hrs top-down time during our 20+ hour RT. Our belongings included two duffels, a book bag, a laptop case, a tennis racket, and a bagged car cover. It was tricky with the top down, but we made it work - comfortably, I might add! :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am curious if a garment bag will can lay on the top when it is down?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
deacon said:
I'd say no. Folded top barely fits with nothing (have to push it down last inch just to close top). Might get away with it if it was real thin (only had one suit for example)

Could fold the bag over once and would fit into that back space.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deacon said:
It depends on what it has in it. When the top is down there is very little room between the top and the trunk lid. If you had a shirt or 2 in it probably, not much more otherwise. With the top down you have quite a bit of space for a garment bag. :yesnod:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pack small!

Went to Orlando last weekend for the GM show - packed everything in small bags to allow to use up all available space - got all clothes in, some sodas and the car cover! :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Maybe some of those vacum bags. Suck all the air out and miniaturize! Maybe we can inspire the manufacturer so make some extra compact ones fot the Sol!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Custom Luggage?

It's been mentioned many times before on here, and the car has been out for a couple months now. So has anyone seen or heard anything about someone making custom luggage?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bonzo said:
It's been mentioned many times before on here, and the car has been out for a couple months now. So has anyone seen or heard anything about someone making custom luggage?
Kappasphere showed some at the West Coast meet. Might want to check their web site

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts