Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I just acquired Pontiac solstice dealer brochures on Ebay. Gm refers to the humps as "twin aero farings "

So theres the official name for the humps.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I've always called them fairings and am glad to hear it is official. They've been called lumps, bumps, humps, and even various expletives when bent by using them to close the boot.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Aye, Scotty, been calling them nacelles for years now, thanks to the Enterprise engine pods, but would really like to see the literature you are referencing. I thought RedOne07 had every piece of literature GM ever printed on the Solstice/Kappas. I don't recall him referencing this piece. The nomenclature discussion drifts through the forum over the years. I'll have to look in my salesman's guide again. Twin Aero Fairings does have a nice ring to it.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
101 Posts
From the dictionary
Fairing:
an external metal or plastic structure added to increase streamlining and reduce drag, especially on a high-performance car, motorcycle, boat, or aircraft.

·
Super Moderator
7,540 Posts
Nacelles are technically streamlined housings for something: fuel tank, engine, etc. Since our humps are not housing anything I have to think that they are fairings.

That said, I have read that GM (incorrectly I think) calls them nacelles on the Corvette.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hello all

I just acquired Pontiac solstice dealer brochures on Ebay. Gm refers to the humps as "twin aero farings "

So theres the official name for the humps.
HHHhhmmm. I always called them "Twin Dent Generators". John is correct.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
And NEVER use them to close the trunk. They dent very easily.

Reactions: ChrisBlair
1 - 8 of 8 Posts