Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished up a little while ago installing my trunk lights. I decided to use the truck bed lights sold by advanced. They come in a string of four but because of the way I wanted them I needed to cut them in half and add 3' of wire between 2 and 3 light.

I removed the upper trunk liner and placed my lights. There's actually 4 on the upper lip.

Ran my wires and Taped them using Gorilla tape. Then decided to re-route them. One thing about this tape is don't press on it to hard till you sure where you want it.

I ran the wires through here and used a heavy red wire to fish them through.

Now for the lower light. First one side and then the other.

All finished just now need to run by the car wash to vacuum.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Just a forum use tip... When posting photos, use the image icon (yellow square with the mountain in it), or manually put [ img ] delimiters around the url. That way the photos will show up in the post. Not just as links.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That lighting is very nice.
Next mod.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TomatoSoup I've been wondering how you other guys did that. Was going to "pm" a moderator today.

Thanks llllfly, still need to decide what I'm going to do with the original light. I now have a hole where it used to be.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Well done... great job (and post)...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jackl

Thanks SkyPilot, I did use 2 strings of lights but there was only 4 pods and 2' of wire between pods. After thinking about it I could put one string at the top and one on the bottom but I still would have needed to add wire to the leed on the top string. I have always been accused of doing things the hard way. :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks jackl

Thanks SkyPilot, I did use 2 strings of lights but there was only 4 pods and 2' of wire between pods. After thinking about it I could put one string at the top and one on the bottom but I still would have needed to add wire to the leed on the top string. I have always been accused of doing things the hard way. :)
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant "LED light strips". I see that you can buy them in length increments of a foot; just wondering if they would provide a little more illumination. Similar to those that we have under our wind restrictors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you have me thinking. I didn't put any along the side because my pods were to thick, lights strips might fit, need to check into it. Thanks SkyPilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts