Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has an 07 Sol and every time he reaches 5 mph his trunk lid ajar warning light and alarm goes off. We replaced the trunk latch but it still does it. I doesn't happen until you put the car in gear and reach 5 mph or above. He has an auto transmission. Does not have power door locks or power windows. Car was bought wrecked minor front end and rear damage no blown air bags. Replaced nose cone and rear bumper. Rear deck lid is aligned and fits properly closes and opens fine. Made several adjustment on the latch but can't stop alarm from sounding when moving. Anyone have any experience with this problem?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bad Sensor

I have a friend who has an 07 Sol and every time he reaches 5 mph his trunk lid ajar warning light and alarm goes off. We replaced the trunk latch but it still does it. I doesn't happen until you put the car in gear and reach 5 mph or above. He has an auto transmission. Does not have power door locks or power windows. Car was bought wrecked minor front end and rear damage no blown air bags. Replaced nose cone and rear bumper. Rear deck lid is aligned and fits properly closes and opens fine. Made several adjustment on the latch but can't stop alarm from sounding when moving. Anyone have any experience with this problem?
The "sensor" is bad, I just had mine replaced under warranty. It just about drove me crazy!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
From the service manual:
Trunk Ajar Indicator Always On:
1) Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the rear compartment lid ajar switch.
2) Ignition ON, verify the Trunk Ajar indicator is not illuminated.
>>If the Trunk Ajar indicator remains illuminated, test the rear compartment lid ajar switch signal circuit for a short to ground, If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
3) If all circuits test normal, test or replace the rear compartment lid ajar switch.

The lid ajar switch is inside the rear compartment lid latch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I treated my top mine stayed on for a day and now all is well. I think I got some 303 in there and when it dried it was ok.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the service manual:
Trunk Ajar Indicator Always On:
1) Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the rear compartment lid ajar switch.
2) Ignition ON, verify the Trunk Ajar indicator is not illuminated.
>>If the Trunk Ajar indicator remains illuminated, test the rear compartment lid ajar switch signal circuit for a short to ground, If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
3) If all circuits test normal, test or replace the rear compartment lid ajar switch.

The lid ajar switch is inside the rear compartment lid latch.
So, I'm having this same problem and am about 5 miles past the warranty on an 07 GXP. I've looked at what I'm assuming is the latch (center wall mounted) and can't see any harnesses coming from it. Am i looking in the wrong place or do I need to move something to see it?

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
ThatILGuy : So, I'm having this same problem and am about 5 miles past the warranty on an 07 GXP. I've looked at what I'm assuming is the latch (center wall mounted) and can't see any harnesses coming from it. Am i looking in the wrong place or do I need to move something to see it?
The switch is actually inside the lid latch actuator assembly which is mounted on the same bulkhead, on the driver's side. I do not know which connection is the proper switch, but can check the service manual tonight, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Beware: If you disconnect the actuator wire instead of the switch wire you will not be able to open the trunk without dismounting the left rear wheel.

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
This has come up again on a club member's car. I am operating under the assumption that the trunk status is sensed by the latch. John, did you confirm this or is there a different switch I should be looking at? I did a cursory inspection and did not find any other switch
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
This has come up again on a club member's car. I am operating under the assumption that the trunk status is sensed by the latch. John, did you confirm this or is there a different switch I should be looking at? I did a cursory inspection and did not find any other switch
Thanks
There is only one switch in the schematics, and I have only ever seen one in the car. On both of mine it is the inboard of the three connectors on the rear compartment's front bulkhead. When it is unplugged the trunk ajar indicator light is off even when the trunk is open, as stated in the service manual.

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
Any one please advise the location of the censor!!!
The sensor is in the actuator assembly as noted in post #8.
The connector for it is located as noted in post #10.
The troubleshooting procedure is in post #4.

As far as a censor is concerned, we don't have one here.

And, welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts