• Possibly, never thought about it before

Votes: 12 35.3%
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
WWP how can you say that?

"If you do not have another car for primary transportation this is not the car for you"
I trully think you missed the point. If you REALLY love to drive you will drive a car like this almost all the time.

"This is a second car not a car for getting groceries or hauling stuff
home from the hardware store"
I have 3 cars right now but still I drive my Fiat, I take it to get groceries in stead of taking one of my other cars. I even stuff in computer systems when Im going to do installs.
Why would I do that you ask? Well I LOVE to drive and I try to enjoy my car on every single opportunity I can. To take a drive even around town or worse yet on road trip in The suv or sedan, is just not the same.

"This car is a car for people who love to drive
and derive pleasure from the simple act of just driving"
Unless you love to site at home and just drive around town you will undoubtly take a few over nighters and require some more space. Heck the wife and I drive 4 hours thru the mountains just to go to one of our favorite restaurants in Radium. But add another few hours of driving to that Im in the Okanagan, if ive gone that far im sure as s**t going to stock up on a few cases of wine.
This is where a rack or case would come in very handy, even with the top up 4 cubic feet of space would not even hold 2 cases of wine and some small luggage.

But really what does it matter if someone truly loves to drive and feels they will need more space to be able to fully appreciate and utilize a car like the Solstice, then to each his own! Whats the point of driving a big ass ugly Dodge Magnum to be able to take a short trip when all you really need is to add a few extra feet of storage and still be able to enjoy "the wind in your hair and the shiffer in your hand"

Anyhow cheers, And looking forward to hearing more from all of you!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
wwp said:
If you do not have another car for primary transportation this is not the car for you. This is a second car not a car for getting groceries or hauling stuff
home from the hardware store .This car is a car for people who love to drive
and derive pleasure from the simple act of just driving, therefore trunk space
and luggage racks are irrelevant so if you need luggage space buy a Dodge magnum. As for me I'll take the wind in my hair and a shifter in my hand :D
The equipment may be irrelevant to you and many other enthusiasts, but you need to look at it from GM's point of view, and that of its potential customers.

They want to sell these at a pace of 20K a year, more than double the market for low priced roadsters today. Thats a hefty increase. So how do you get more people in who balk at a Miata? Offer more functionality. Storage space is always one of the biggest complaints in a roadster, and it certainly can be a deal breaker. By offering more storage options, even ones that are only used occasionally, GM can increase the appeal of the vehicle and attract buyers who ordinarily might not want one. Besides, a lot of enthusiasts may drive their roadster on road trips, and in those situations storage space can be sorely needed. Not everyone can afford two vehicles, and not everyone wants to own a truck/SUV/wagon for those 3 times a year they may need more room than the Solstice offers.

Its all about widening the appeal and drawing in more buyers who would consider it with these options, but would have to pass without them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 3 cars right now but still I drive my Fiat, I take it to get groceries in stead of taking one of my other cars. I even stuff in computer systems when Im going to do installs.
Why would I do that you ask? Well I LOVE to drive and I try to enjoy my car on every single opportunity I can. To take a drive even around town or worse yet on road trip in The suv or sedan, is just not the same.

![/QUOTE]
Ambient keep the Fiat sell the other 2 cars and see how long it takes before you have to go buy something bigger also As I said this is a second car unless you are a dink(double income no kids) I myself would have a hard time fitting my wife a 3 children into a Solstice that is why this is a second or a third car and a mighty handsome one if I might add, but you are fooling yourself if you think the Solstice will make a good all around transportation vehicle for most people. I have 2 motorcycles and they are a blast but I haven't sold my cars yet and won't sell them.The solstice will become my favorite vehicle and first choice to drive but the suburban still has a place in my driveway.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts