Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 has a trunk problem. The springs to open the trunk are worn out. I saw a hydraulic arm for it that is made in Germany. I need that website or email address.

Thanks,

;Rick,

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Not sure that arm will raise the trunk on it's own. If your torsion bar(s) is/are broken, you need to get them replaced first.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I will be the first to admit that the proper, and only way to fix a weak torsion spring in our cars is to replace the torsion spring. In the Delorean the torsion spring for the doors was easily adjusted with a socket allen wrench if it was too weak or too strong. Not so in our solstices. It either works or it doesn't. period. I would add that the addition of the coil spring to the trunk lid hinge in no way aids or detracts from the operation of the torsion spring. It is a completely separate, stand alone assist in lifting the lid. Paint it black and you won't even notice it is there. (Unless you are showing the car in the Concours D'elegance) :sneaky:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well since I can't see it when it is closed I go by the sound. The spring sounds like it is stretching hard. But I also found out that the driver side hinge is sprung. The driver side of the trunk is up about 16th".

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
The German trunk strut mod is worth it. Easy to install, OEM look, smooth operation and it's adjustable. I have mine cranked up so it will lift the deck with my Kappasphere luggage rack installed.

strut.jpg

Reactions: alberta boy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The German trunk strut mod is worth it. Easy to install, OEM look, smooth operation and it's adjustable. I have mine cranked up so it will lift the deck with my Kappasphere luggage rack installed.

View attachment 107763

View attachment 107763
I am having a little trouble with the langue. Also the conversion from Euros vs. Dollars. The way I figured it would cost $195 us.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I am having a little trouble with the langue. Also the conversion from Euros vs. Dollars. The way I figured it would cost $195 us.
I used Google Translator to navigate the web site. I'm not sure about the current Euro to Dollars exchange rate, but I paid $125 a year ago. PayPal will figure out the money exchange.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
that is a nice looking device. Do you add it to one side or both?
Just on the drivers side... not sure if it could be mounted on the passenger side, I'll have to take a look at the brackets.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I just ordered mine. How long did it take for you to get it?
I think it took about two weeks, but I remember reading that they do get backordered once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I wish I could post a video of the trunk lid opening - it is a very smooth and controlled motion that you can't get using hardware store springs.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts