Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The strut is designed for the Sky trunk lid. To got it on my Sol I had to trim the lid slightly to clear the attachment point. But they work great. I also replaced both torsion bars on my Sol and have pictures in the Punisher thread
Hi. Could you please explain how and were you had to trim and post pics if possible
Thanks
Jerry B

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I ordered my new strut for the trunk on May 10.2020. It is now June 4, 2020. Supposedly DHL is the holdup because of the Covid-19.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
656 Posts
joybill needs to have some of those stamped out and sell some spring lift kits!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had the German setup for over a year and it still works great. Lifts nice and easy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've had the German setup for over a year and it still works great. Lifts nice and easy
I ordered mine on May 22. It is still sitting in Germany. I think. The Tracking says the USPS is waiting for the package! I hope they get it soon!

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
656 Posts
I had a good few of the ball brackets from my old boat tech days. back then when you replaced the struts they came with new ones, bery rarely would you need to change them and not a good idea to change them if they were good. or they wood work loose...and cause issues most of the time. I havent a clue where they are now. but my wife is a manager at west marine so i can get some if I need them as they sell them there,I dont thin they come with the struts any more, that was 20 years ago. they used to make them in stainless and in black.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I received my New gas strut for my trunk. I read the directions, looks pretty straight forward. I let you know when I have them installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well. I installed my new gas strut for the trunk. Once I figured out the bracket it was easy to install. There was nothing I had to cut down or grind off. It fit perfectly. It would have been easier if my fingers were smaller!

I was going to install one strut on each side. My fault for not paying attention. One works just fine. So my dilemma I have a second strut I don't need. If anyone is interested I am going to sell it.
If you are interested let me know now.

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
Well. I installed my new gas strut for the trunk. Once I figured out the bracket it was easy to install. There was nothing I had to cut down or grind off. It fit perfectly. It would have been easier if my fingers were smaller!

I was going to install one strut on each side. My fault for not paying attention. One works just fine. So my dilemma I have a second strut I don't need. If anyone is interested I am going to sell it.
If you are interested let me know now.
I am interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It is brand new in the box. I paid $150+shipping. It came to $195. I'll take $150 and free shipping.

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
When was the exchange rate that bad? Thanks, but I'll pass.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree to a point. It took me a while to find a spring that was completely unloaded when the boot was open and only began to extend when the boot was about halfway closed. The spring I finally ended up with opens the boot and allows me to close it with two fingers on the buttress as I always did. This may sound silly but when you have a weak torsion spring, how do you know which one is the weak one?
Since most of the effort to replace the torsion bars is in removing and replacing the rear bumper, at $21 a piece I say replace them both and the question is moot! That's what I did and now the trunk pops up and stays open... just barely because if you park on a downhill it doesn't stay up even with two new torsion bars. So now there are two reasons not to park downhill. The other is rainwater getting trapped between the humps against the rear of the top!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Thanx, I am working on it. I never had to deal with a place out of this country.
Use Google Translator for navigating the website and PayPal will figure the exchange rate.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Get it and don't look back. One of the best mods I've done. Make sure the washers are stainless steel so they do not rust and you have to do it again. Set the adjustment in position 3 and you won't have to touch it again. Mine opens and stays open with the Kappasphere rack on the lid. Without the rack it's like a power trunk. Werner was a pleasure to work with on purchases. DHL communications is somewhat lacking but then the shipment get to the US and sits until USPS gets its act together. Some tim;es shipments have been very quick so I consider it the way it is and worth any wait.

This is the direct link to the page with the lifter.

Gasfeder f. Kofferraumdeckel

BTW, Euro and dollar exchange rate is $1.17 dollars X __Eruros.

Richard Snipes

41 - 60 of 60 Posts