Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i push the button, to open the trunk , it dont want to open , seams tostick , haver to pry on it to get it to opne , any one know why this would be , Thanks , I am new to all this .

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a slightly similar issue, my passenger side wing doesn't pop out with the trunk. I have to push the truck back down slightly on that side before it releases, then pop the trunk again to open it.

May be just a lube issues?

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
grease all top slides and guides...

I have used dielectric grease...

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
If the buttresses release but the trunk lid does not pop up, verify the fit and if it's good then check the torsion bars. One of them may be broken. Mine were very weak and the trunk would not stay open. I replaced them and adjusted the stops under the bumper cover and not it pops open and stays open. It's in my thread with pictures if that helps.

·
Registered
693 Posts
if the top is not stowed fully down you will have a hard time making it release.push down gently but firmly on each side of the top before shutting the trunk,thatll help.i had this problem the first few times i drove my car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
FrankM,

If your concern continues and you choose to have your GM dealership look into this, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Erica Tiffany
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
my 06 got to where it wouldn't pop open by itself and I ended up bending the bracket on the latch down just a tad which made the cable tighter and it's been fine ever since. Pretty easy fix once you figure out the mechanics of the latch. small tweak with pliers and it's a done deal.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where did you bend it? I have the same problem with my 06.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.