Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 GXP with 400 km. It has been stored in a garage for 12 years. i took it out for a drive and everything was perfect. Until the next day, when i press the trunk release button on my remote or in the glove box; nothing happened besides the head and tail lights flashing like the usually do. With anger and fear i spammed the button for about 20 clicks and then, Boom! it opened. Unfortunately, now it takes about 30 to 50 clicks and sometimes it only releases the buttress pins or the trunk itself. If anybody have a solution to this issue please share it with me. Thank you in advance. everyone's advice would be greatly appreciated.

ps the anti-kidnap latch is working fine and i can see the wires moving.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
Sitting for 12 years has allowed the moving parts to dry out and maybe corrode. The cables going to the buttress latches are the most likely culprits. Start by lubricating everything that is visible on the front bulkhead of the trunk. You will probably end up having to remove the trunk lid liner to get at the cables and buttress latches.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Hopefully you didn't just jump in the car and drive it after it's sat for 12 years...otherwise you may have just created some major issues.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hopefully you didn't just jump in the car and drive it after it's sat for 12 years...otherwise you may have just created some major issues.
I was thinking about his tires... :surprise:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts