Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in an old C&D article, about when they drove two test mules in England that there was vitrtually no cargo room with the top down. I assumed that when i saw the pictures of the clamshell front hood and trunk (hood hinges on teh front, trunk on the very back) so there ovbiously isn't enough room for my golf clubs if i have a friend in the car! I just wish this car came out this year so there would be a few used ones around by the time i get my first car.....grrr.....

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you read the specs that are posted around the site or some of the other articles online they all mention that the Solstice has 4 cubic feet of space with teh top up, and 2 cubic feet with it down.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Trunk

I saw a lot of Prowlers yesterday @ the Dreamcruise that had an add on colour matched trunk attached to the rear of the car. Must be some aftermarket outfit making these. Don't know how it would look attached to the back of the Solstice. I think I would like a luggage rack.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Search on trunk..we had many many discussions on that topic :smile Oh and nothing is set in stone until the final specs are released.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
I saw a lot of Prowlers yesterday @ the Dreamcruise that had an add on colour matched trunk attached to the rear of the car. Must be some aftermarket outfit making these. Don't know how it would look attached to the back of the Solstice. I think I would like a luggage rack.
Actually, I think Chrysler was offering the trunk looking trailer for the Prowler through their parts department, although I could be wrong. We discussed it as a possibility for the Solstice too, and I am sure someone will make a nice trailer for it. On any long trips in the meantime, you could always pick up a little U-Haul trailer too (not those boxy ones, but they offer a short bubble trailer about the size of a trunk).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Trunk

Fformula88 said:
Actually, I think Chrysler was offering the trunk looking trailer for the Prowler
Actually this was not a trunk trailer, it was attached to the back of the Prowler by a metal bar and stuck out about four inches from the back of the car.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Maybe they could make a small Continental Kit that could store some things .After all it has 18 inch wheels. That should hold a couple of gym bags :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
Actually this was not a trunk trailer, it was attached to the back of the Prowler by a metal bar and stuck out about four inches from the back of the car.
http://www.seriouswheels.com/1990-1999/1997-Plymouth-Prowler-Tow-Behind-Trailer.htm

Its a big pic so I just linked it and didn't add it to the thread, but its certainly a trunk (as in looks like the trunk) trailer for the Prowler. I think we are both thinking of the same device, and are just referring to it differently.

·
Registered
496 Posts
trunk

No that is not what I saw, although I have seen this rolling trunk before.
The trunks I saw Saturday were maybe 2.5 feet wide by 1.5 feet deep by 1.5 feet high. They were the same colour as the Prowler and were probably attached to the rear frame. The top of the trunk was probably the same
height as the rear deck lid.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Oh, ok. I had never seen one that was just attached (like a bike rack or something). Only the trailers. I wonder how much weight they can hold without having any support down to the road, and how much weight they will take before they really affect the Prowler's driveability. All that weight off the back end has to act like a giant lever on the car lifting the weight off the front axle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts