Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 solstice trunklid opens intermittently. Once the trunklid is open when I use my remote/ fob it does not release the wings that are attached to the convertible top which are supposed to pop up when pressing the trunklid button on the remote/fob. I have put new batteries in the remote/fob without any improvement. We are experiencing winter weather conditions here in California and the car is parked outside all the time and has never been garaged. Please advise?

·
Super Moderator
15,940 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Sounds like the buttresses are not releasing. You can do it manually using a small tool to force the latch open then look at the solinoid that activates the cable

Check your fuses as well. You might have one gone bad

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Like Rob says, you can release the buttresses manually. Use a very small screwdriver or a something like a 2mm allen wrench. Stick it vertically in the hole right behind the buttress pin (toward the rear of the car) and force it forward beside the pin on the inner side ( toward the center of the car). The pin will pop right up.

A little cursing may help also, it can be a tricky maneuver the first time you try it.

Bill.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the grommet that sits between the oval hole on deckled that is chrome and the buttress lock pin plate that is plastic and is held by two self tapping screws? I am looking for 2 new grommets, one on each side of the decklid where the pins come down into the wire catch that holds the pin locked in place? I am trying to find the grommets because they are cracked from exposure from the elements. If you were able to find new ones, please share that info with me so I can replace my grommets? Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts