Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the wife a camera for her birthday. She loves photography and used her cell phone to take pictures so I had to give her an upgrade. Picked up the Nikon D3200 package with extra telephoto lens. Anyways, was bored so I decided to snap some pics and play around with the settings. Please excuse how filthy my sol is, it has been raining for a couple days. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Nice ride - nice pics! Our old Canon gave up the ghost last fall. I was going to replace it during after Christmas sales but my ADD kicked in and I bought other stuff. How do you/does she like the Nikon?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ride - nice pics! Our old Canon gave up the ghost last fall. I was going to replace it during after Christmas sales but my ADD kicked in and I bought other stuff. How do you/does she like the Nikon?
We really love it. It takes such great pictures right out of the box, i'm sure all dslr's do, lol. We are still using the auto modes but putting the focus/lense in manual. We still have a lot of learning to do and I have been watching a ton of youtube to try and learn more about photography. I have been watching this guy Jared Polin "Fro knows Photo", he is a cool dude and has very interesting vids.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
My problem is developing the mental table of what shutter speeds, f-stop, etc work the best for certain lighting conditions. First year with a decent camera I received for Christmas the sun was setting just so and a brilliantly deep blue sky was over a couple of snow covered evergreens in the front yard. I grabbed the camera and the tripod and ran out in front of the house - didn't even put on a coat. Peeled off about 10 shots with different settings, adjusting as I went.

Downloaded them to my computer and picked out 2 of them that looked the best. Had NO IDEA what settings I used on them! lol

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
My problem is developing the mental table of what shutter speeds, f-stop, etc work the best for certain lighting conditions. First year with a decent camera I received for Christmas the sun was setting just so and a brilliantly deep blue sky was over a couple of snow covered evergreens in the front yard. I grabbed the camera and the tripod and ran out in front of the house - didn't even put on a coat. Peeled off about 10 shots with different settings, adjusting as I went.

Downloaded them to my computer and picked out 2 of them that looked the best. Had NO IDEA what settings I used on them! lol
If you click on the properties of the picture, you should have some data as for what settings the camera was in when you took the picture.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah, I am having the same problem. I have watched a few videos on iso, aperture, and shutter speed. But, I think its gona take a lot to trial and error to learn how to set up the camera properly. I think the first two I set up manually and you can see that they came out kinda dark. Then the rest I shot in auto/no flash, lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pics! I really didn't see the "dirty" to be honest.
Thanks Wind, yeah you can barely see the water spots/dirt in the rear end pictures. It almost makes the red look metallic. Anyways, I hope to get a wind restrictor from my wife for my birthday. I will make sure to walk her through your website. ;) lol

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
lol - OSU I didn't even think of that! The crap you learn on your way to learn other crap. Thanks man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts