Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,983 Posts
my .02., i'm puzzled... i do not understand how an intermittent signal from a turn signal switch is not going to make the camera display flicker??
Bill
The signal from the turn signal switch is not intermittent. It supplies a constant signal to the BCM which then supplies intermittent power to the turn signal lamps.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The signal from the turn signal switch is not intermittent. It supplies a constant signal to the BCM which then supplies intermittent power to the turn signal lamps.
thank you... if so, then i reckon it will work
Bill

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I just remembered that I did a writeup for my Kappablinker module that went into detail about tapping into the turn-signal switch wires at the BCM (doh!)

@kwil if it's not to late I can post the pdf or email it to you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I just remembered that I did a writeup for my Kappablinker module that went into detail about tapping into the turn-signal switch wires at the BCM (doh!)

@kwil if it's not to late I can post the pdf or email it to you.
It's not too late; won't have time to work on it until the weekend anyway, and Amazon has been slow to ship the relays- looks like I won't get them until next week (so the install will probably be next weekend).

That would be great if you could post it, or send to my e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
sen
It's not too late; won't have time to work on it until the weekend anyway, and Amazon has been slow to ship the relays- looks like I won't get them until next week (so the install will probably be next weekend).

That would be great if you could post it, or send to my e-mail at xxx
Thanks!!
Sent (email)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update: Everything is installed and works perfectly. I wired the relays as described in post #28. Found the turn signal switch wires and tapped with a Posi-tap (love those things). Front and rear cameras are always displayed until the turn signal is activated, then either the left or right camera, and the rear camera are displayed in a split screen.
Also used this opportunity to do the side marker turn signal mod; worked perfectly with my side marker LEDs.

I'll post some pics after I get everything put back together and tidied up.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Update: Everything is installed and works perfectly. I wired the relays as described in post #28. Found the turn signal switch wires and tapped with a Posi-tap (love those things). Front and rear cameras are always displayed until the turn signal is activated, then either the left or right camera, and the rear camera are displayed in a split screen.
Also used this opportunity to do the side marker turn signal mod; worked perfectly with my side marker LEDs.

I'll post some pics after I get everything put back together and tidied up.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
sounds perfect. glad everything worked out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sanpped a few pics; still need to adjust the angles of the side cams a bit.
The mirror/ monitor is a touch screen, so I can cycle through the 4 cameras as needed. It came with a wired "remote" which is just a button that also cycles through the camera views. I installed the button in my stainless cup insert mounted in my DDM center console (I don't use this to hold drinks anyway because it's too shallow for most bottles/cups). But, the screen defaults to a front (parking cam) and rear split, then switches to side camera/rear split when a turn signal is activated, so I'll likely never manually change the view. Also, with the screen off, the monitor functions as a rearview mirror.

Button in insert:

Parking/ side cameras:

Screen off:

Split side/ rear:

Overall I'm quite pleased with the setup. The only thing I miss about the stock mirror are the map lights. I need to find a couple of bright LED with on/off buttons that I can mount in a bulkhead configuration in the windshield header panel just above the rearview monitor. I'd like them to function like the stock lights (with RAP), and have a manual on/off switch. That'll be my next project.
If anyone has any leads on small/ bright LEDs with an on/off button I'm all ears.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Sanpped a few pics; still need to adjust the angles of the side cams a bit.
The mirror/ monitor is a touch screen, so I can cycle through the 4 cameras as needed. It came with a wired "remote" which is just a button that also cycles through the camera views. I installed the button in my stainless cup insert mounted in my DDM center console (I don't use this to hold drinks anyway because it's too shallow for most bottles/cups). But, the screen defaults to a front (parking cam) and rear split, then switches to side camera/rear split when a turn signal is activated, so I'll likely never manually change the view. Also, with the screen off, the monitor functions as a rearview mirror.

Button in insert:
View attachment 107603

Parking/ side cameras:
View attachment 107604

Screen off:
View attachment 107605

Split side/ rear:
View attachment 107606

Overall I'm quite pleased with the setup. The only thing I miss about the stock mirror are the map lights. I need to find a couple of bright LED with on/off buttons that I can mount in a bulkhead configuration in the windshield header panel just above the rearview monitor. I'd like them to function like the stock lights (with RAP), and have a manual on/off switch. That'll be my next project.
If anyone has any leads on small/ bright LEDs with an on/off button I'm all ears.
Try OZNIUM.COM. They have just about everything pertaining to LEDs. (nice setup!!)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts