Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday is the day dealers find out the results of the allocation order cycle. They find out if their allocated orders (if they had any) were picked up as expected, what percentage of picked up orders received any constrained options (Premium Package), and if any extra allocation requests were successful.

Hope everything worked out for those of you who were in this first regular allocation class. Keep in mind even if your order is #1 at your dealership, they may not have received allocation for this cycle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Tuesday is the day dealers find out the results of the allocation order cycle. They find out if their allocated orders (if they had any) were picked up as expected, what percentage of picked up orders received any constrained options (Premium Package), and if any extra allocation requests were successful.

Hope everything worked out for those of you who were in this first regular allocation class. Keep in mind even if your order is #1 at your dealership, they may not have received allocation for this cycle.
I posted my frustration with the leather in another thread, so I won't repeat it here, but I must add...
I almost hope my dealer doesn't get his (my) order picked up today, then by the time it is maybe the leather will be back. But, as much as I expect to love this car, a big part of it for me (for once in my life) is have "one of the first on the road!"
I find it VERY hard to believe Pontiac had NO CLUE how many orders would be for leather! They knew they were building 20,000 Sols this year, so they can't say "overwhelming demand" since that number hasn't changed. So I must conclude that they either underestimated the leather to cloth order ratio, or their supplier is incapable of meeting their order request.
Either way, Pontiac SCREWED UP AGAIN on the Sol!

I can hear the reviews now "The Sol is an awesome car, it handles well, it is solid as a rock, fun to drive, but you have to take it the way Pontiac decides you should have it. What a shame that a car of this potential should lack so badly in interior availability!" :cuss:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Thanks Small Dealer, informative as always. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Tuesday is the day dealers find out the results of the allocation order cycle. They find out if their allocated orders (if they had any) were picked up as expected, what percentage of picked up orders received any constrained options (Premium Package), and if any extra allocation requests were successful.

Hope everything worked out for those of you who were in this first regular allocation class. Keep in mind even if your order is #1 at your dealership, they may not have received allocation for this cycle.
Thanks!

Once my order is picked up, there should be a code allocated at some point, correct?

How long is the lag between "picked up" and coded (i.e. 300/3200, etc) usually, a week or so?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
898 Posts
I couldn't agree with Sol Cruisin more. Here I am one of the EOP Wait List, #1 in my dealers allocation and I could not get the leather I have seen all over the place including my model car and yet people who put their order in today got the leather. I put my order in last Thursady morning. Give me a break. I have to take the car "as is" because of Pontiac and their "games" and the used car I have is going to die---
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Sol Cruisin said:
I posted my frustration with the leather in another thread, so I won't repeat it here, but I must add...
I almost hope my dealer doesn't get his (my) order picked up today, then by the time it is maybe the leather will be back. But, as much as I expect to love this car, a big part of it for me (for once in my life) is have "one of the first on the road!"
I find it VERY hard to believe Pontiac had NO CLUE how many orders would be for leather! They knew they were building 20,000 Sols this year, so they can't say "overwhelming demand" since that number hasn't changed. So I must conclude that they either underestimated the leather to cloth order ratio, or their supplier is incapable of meeting their order request.
Either way, Pontiac SCREWED UP AGAIN on the Sol!

I can hear the reviews now "The Sol is an awesome car, it handles well, it is solid as a rock, fun to drive, but you have to take it the way Pontiac decides you should have it. What a shame that a car of this potential should lack so badly in interior availability!" :cuss:
GM had to know the leather would be popular because they required it in order to get the steering wheel controls. Did they realy think no one wanted them! I try not to bash GM but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
wow, calm down. I have a feeling that gm did realize how much leather they would need, they've been making cars awhile now. But i figure the supplier couldnt make enough for one reason or another in which case, what do you want them to do about it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Unfortunately my order was not picked up, but I am being patient :cool:

Does anyone have information on how many order cycles there are in the first allocation and what the dates are?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Answer to 4 replys

sight unseen: My dealer told me he could not tell me how long until he gets solid info on the order, just that it was picked up and starting down the process.

Zavean: You misunderstand slightly. let me clarify with my situation at least. I did not "order" my car yesterday. I did that way back on Apprentice EOP day! I, like many here, have been waiting for a while to make progress. My order has been sitting in the dealer system for a long time waiting for GM / Pontiac to 'pick it up' which commits them to construct it by my understanding. Usually this is a very quick process in established cars, but for the Sol, it has been fraught with all sorts of delays. if you just went to your dealer last week and placed the order with him then you need to read a lot of the threads here on allocations, wait lists, etc. to see just how far back you are on the time line. From what I read here, most dealers early allocation cars have been on order by buyers for weeks, or months now. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I would ask some more focused questions on where you are on his order to allocation list.

GradSoulStice: What I think they should do is "pick up" the order with leather and build it when they get it without penalizing the allocation schedule. SmallDealer, correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is if a dealer has an order that cannot be picked up because of a shortage like this, then a "pattern" order is issued which they can build. This can be modified somewhat. BUT, it would be built, shipped and counted as one of the dealer's allocation count. This means that if a dealer has a "first wave" allocation of one (like mine), even if the leather comes back in stock tomorrow, the next pickup cycle pickes up the order, it won't get built and shipped until that dealer has the next wave of allocation available, thereby delaying the car a month or more! Am I right, or wrong in this belief?

DaveK & others: I am sorry to have to tell you, but Pontiac told my dealer on the speakerphone while I was there, that there are no allocation pickup cycles for the next two weeks. I'm assuming this means if you didn't get picked up today, you won't for at least 3 weeks. My dealer couldn't tell me how this would effect delivery.

:cryin:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sol Cruisin said:
.......my understanding is if a dealer has an order that cannot be picked up because of a shortage like this, then a "pattern" order is issued which they can build. This can be modified somewhat.
The most common result of not having a buildable order ready for an allocationis the loss of allocation. This helps "fund" the pool where additional allocation requests come form.

A "pattern order" is sometimes placed for small dealers. GM figures it is these dealers that have the biggest chance of overlooking the allocation. Generally this is done at the beginning of a model year or new product introduction. This is when keeping the line feed with buildable orders is most critical. I supose a "pattern order" could be also placed for large dealers, I some times skip over thier allocation messages.

I do not recall seeing anything about Solstice using "pattern orders" for this Solstice allocation/order cycle.

As to the last part, yes any order can be changed one last time (within constraints) onTuesday.



As a foot note, it wouldn't surprise me to have no order cycles the next three weekends. This weekend is the holiday weekend, and the two after fall within the summer shutdown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Sol Cruisin said:
sight unseen: My dealer told me he could not tell me how long until he gets solid info on the order, just that it was picked up and starting down the process.

Sounds like we are in the same boat....we have been told we are picked up ...but not code yet

Thanks :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Sol....thanks for the update. It gives me an interim date to look forward to since I will not have my car for several months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
I just got off the phone with General Manager who I've been working with all this time. I asked him if my order was picked up by GM yet and he said no. He said they received 1 slot that he can fill from his his allocation of 4 cars. He said my order will be put into that slot. Here's the kicker... He said GM would pick up the order TODAY (Tuesday) and I can call him tomorrow and get more information. (He also said GM does not provide confirmations - which I thought was odd). From what I read on some of the posts, orders are picked up on Thursdays and information is provided on the following Tuesday. Am I getting the run-around? I'm starting to get really pissed after waiting over 3 years and getting screwed by the FIRST 1000. If I get screwed out of getting one of the first batch of cars post FIRST 1000, I'll just have to rant some more. (What else can you do? legally?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Small Dealer said:
A "pattern order" is sometimes placed for small dealers. GM figures it is these dealers that have the biggest chance of overlooking the allocation. Generally this is done at the beginning of a model year or new product introduction. This is when keeping the line feed with buildable orders is most critical. I supose a "pattern order" could be also placed for large dealers, I some times skip over thier allocation messages.

I do not recall seeing anything about Solstice using "pattern orders" for this Solstice allocation/order cycle.

As to the last part, yes any order can be changed one last time (within constraints) onTuesday.
Well, it was a Pontiac person at the dealer only call center who told my dealer that it would become a "pattern order". I know because I was sitting there and the call was on speaker-phone. But, I sure don't know what is "right"! I'm just a poor frustrated customer!

I guess the complete lack of consistent answers, information and stories continues even for the dealers!! And we thought WE were getting yanked around! LOL

The ONLY thing I am sure of is, I will believe it when I an SITTING IN MY SOL! Not 1 day sooner!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
ok..i got the big screw again by gm....my order is being delayed because of the leather issue....gm has no clue... if I remember correctly, they wanted to cater to potential buyers who never bought a GM product before. Well, I never bought a GM product, waited 3 years for this car, got screwed out of the EOP 1000 because of GM's computer problems, and I'm getting screwed again because they can't manage inventory. wtf....I don't know if I want this car anymore because of the hassles. I certainly WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GM CAR IN THE FUTURE. There's a reason they're losing market share. This certainly gives an insight into why they suck in the market place.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
hehehe, wow. Time to take a breather man.
If you really don't want it there's about 9000 people in line behind you who do. You're getting a car that's never been made before, if you expect the process to go smooth then you might be expecting too much. It really doesn't matter if it's GM or Toyota. There's always going to be issues when anything new comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
This leather inventory problem, in my opinion, is a joke. I'm told the constraint will be resolved in the next 2-3 weeks. Why doesn't GM just take the orders for the cars and put them in the queue now if its only a 2-3 week problem? It's not like they are going to build any post EOP 1000 cars between now and then. Instead, I'm being put further down the wait list. It's bogus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
This leather inventory problem, in my opinion, is a joke. I'm told the constraint will be resolved in the next 2-3 weeks. Why doesn't GM just take the orders for the cars and put them in the queue now if its only a 2-3 week problem? It's not like they are going to build any post EOP 1000 cars between now and then. Instead, I'm being put further down the wait list. It's bogus.
I think PETA is behind this leather problem :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
ok..i got the big screw again by gm....my order is being delayed because of the leather issue....gm has no clue... if I remember correctly, they wanted to cater to potential buyers who never bought a GM product before. Well, I never bought a GM product, waited 3 years for this car, got screwed out of the EOP 1000 because of GM's computer problems, and I'm getting screwed again because they can't manage inventory. wtf....I don't know if I want this car anymore because of the hassles. I certainly WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GM CAR IN THE FUTURE. There's a reason they're losing market share. This certainly gives an insight into why they suck in the market place.
I feel for you, brother. I felt left out in the cold, just as you did when we both missed out on the first 1,000 after having deposits down for so long (yours alot longer than mine). I could sympathize with you then. Now there's this. I lucked out this time with the leather, but you have my condolences nonetheless.

I'm not going to tell you to lighten up, but in GM's defense, we don't know the exact nature of the constraint, and probably never will. It is likely a supplier issue, and not necessarily a GM-exclusive supplier.

Hang in there, man. You've come this far, you'll kick yourself if you cancel your order now. Too bad you have to go through all the BS, but in a twisted way, that will make the final reward all the sweeter when you finally get your Solstice.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top