Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all is there to do , other then spark plugs , my car has 94,000 on it i changed the plugs , it has a K&N air filter on it , i get 22.9 MPG on the Rd , it runs Great , its a auto tranny ?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I would have ALL fluids changed. Trans, diff, brake and coolant. I would check your belt....if it's cracked, replace it. I would also check your hoses...brake and coolant. But that's just all me as I'm anal.... It's also right around the time that most wheel bearings start to make noises.... If you drive it hard, check for play in these at each wheel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sound good , i too try to keep on top of everything .you got me thinking , its put up for the winter so its a good time to do everything , Thanks Frank

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Seltzinator just hit 100k towards the end of last year and I think he had the tranny and rearend fluid done at 70. the belts like ghost mentioned are a must and I'd flush the radiator if you haven'e done so as well as brake fluid like he also mentioned. and wheel bearings and see if you can reach up and check your body mount bushings. they can really make a car seem like it's riding rough and if those are worn, you can replace shocks and front suspension and it will still have a rough, rattling ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont see a drain to let the old coolant out ,is there one ? , and no cap to fill it , do you pull the top hose off and fill it with new coolant , dont see any other way , Thanks For the Help , New to the solstice , Thanks Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts