Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know if they are going to offer the Turbo version of the solstice at the same time as the regular version. I would love the 250 horse power. I was thinking of getting a used Porsche boxter but the Solstice looks awesome. How does it compare to Honda S2000. Does the Solstice have great pickup. I test drove a Nissan 350Z the otheday and dam the thing had sick power. That was only the 280 horse power version.
let mek now
thanks

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
All indications are that the turbo won't be out till sometime in 2006 as a 2007 model year (my guess is fall). Should box the ears on a Boxter and even better, you can actually drool over the engine, something ya can't do to a Boxter unless you turn it upside down. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
All indications are that the turbo won't be out till sometime in 2006 as a 2007 model year (my guess is fall). Should box the ears on a Boxter and even better, you can actually drool over the engine, something ya can't do to a Boxter unless you turn it upside down. :)
What he said. :agree:

Turbo is rumored to be available, fall 2006 calender year (as a 2007) with at least 250 HP. With the torque increase it should also have, I would imagine it will be faster than an S2000. Also, indications from people who have driven pre-production Solstices is that it handles more predictably than an S2000.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife has already threatened to by the Turbo version just so she can kick my butt with it. :cuss:

·
Registered
281 Posts
The S2000 is a terrific car, but you've got to be willing to be push the engine very hard to be rewarded with its respectable acceleration.

The 350Z is a nice car, too, for the most part. The 350Z engine's powering more Nissans every year it seems. The least expensive Nissan SUV, the Xterra, sports a larger variant of the 350Z engine, standard, that propels the Xterra from 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, faster than a normally aspirated Solstice! But the 350Z is cursed with that tire feathering problem. I wouldn't be surprised to see even bigger discounts on 350Zs, if you really want one, and are prepared to buy front tires frequently.

The turbo Solstice will be a nice ride, I hope, and its introduction will probably mark the sweet spot of this generation of Solstice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts