Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
suddenly my boost went down from 22 PSI peak to 4 PSI. I took it to the dealer and said that the Boost Seal was bad and they fixed it. now it is back to the usual peak. I have the GMPP upgrade kit. is that usual? any explanation?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Your info is too vague to give any help about this...

Seals inside the turbo? or maybe its just a tube that popped off? or maybe an intercooler that cracked?

You should have other DTC trouble codes along with this. P0101 comes to mind

To find the issue you can do a boost leakdown test

Goodluck

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Miller, is to late the dealer according to his post already fixed it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dealer put on the receipt (turbo Boost seal replaced). it was about 14$ in part and 285$ in labor.
it is fixed, but i could not find much info about this problem on the forum

·
Registered
283 Posts
The dealer ripped you off Bud, but that is normal for dealers. like someone else said, the piping probably sprung a leak and they put on a new clamp at $14 and charged you $285 labor. Sucks but that is typical for most dealers. gotta Love Em!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what can I do? had to take it there to know what is going on. I had to fix it and move on. I know it is a rip off.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, get the bill or numbers on line here and we can find out what was really done to the vehicle and maybe expose the Dealer or get you some money back or a credit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is the part number (90541911 F-Seal), the dealer used 2 of them, each for $7.31, total for 14.62$

·
Registered
7,179 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can tell you. the turbo boost went down from 22psi down to 4psi. i don't know if they used the same seal of the fuel injection for the turbo but it fixed the car. don't understand either...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
i can tell you. the turbo boost went down from 22psi down to 4psi. i don't know if they used the same seal of the fuel injection for the turbo but it fixed the car. don't understand either...
Nooo... it's a small O-ring, not even 1/2" across - nothing appropriate to the turbo. I'm thinking your car was in limp mode and they cleared the codes to get it back to full boost. Don't know what the cause was, but this "boost seal" is a misnomer for sure. Very dubious to me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would write to the GM company and tell them what the dealer did. Customer complaint should handle it. You need to follow up on this because they will just keep taking advantage of folks if you don't. Like Tomato Soup said, the parts have nothing to do with boost. I would be in that shop asking them to show me just what they did. jonesy

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
The replacement T-MAP sensors that come with the GMPP kit uses similar O-rings...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
called the dealer and waiting for a call back from the technician, will see what he has to say. will let you know
Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Given that the car is direct injection, it could loose boost through the injectors if not properly sealed, but that doesn't make it a turbo seal..

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Given that the car is direct injection, it could loose boost through the injectors if not properly sealed, but that doesn't make it a turbo seal..
Actually, no. As I said before, it would lose compression in a single cylinder in that case. Not boost.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I spoke with the dealer. He said that there were 2 wrong codes. The first is 0326 which is a knock sensor code, the second is manifold air pressure code.
the codes were caused by fuel injector seal leak this caused the turbo not to function properly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts