·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is very economical.....

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
I think that might be more applicable to turbo owners who can't stand to be away from theirs for even the briefest of moments, or for northern owners who store their cars for months on end.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or for those that want to be able to say they have twin turbos.

I was racing a DOHC MG against a friend that ran the pushrod version. He got tired of me suggesting to people that came by in the pits that they should go and ask him to show them his Twin Cam engine. He solved it by hose clamping another camshaft to his firewall. >:)

PS - I never store my car in the winter, but then I am lucky enough to live in a pretty temperate area. The 'spare' turbo might come in handy for owners in Michigan or Wyoming.....

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Driven dozens of turbo cars and have also owned several. Luckily none had a blow off valve system / or could not be heard. So I only know the sound from movies, but must say I dislike that sound a lot.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That red one has an even more annoying sound, doesn't it.

On the BOV, I recall several people that insisted on replacing the integral one on the K04 turbo with a stand alone valve just so they could hear it. Never made any sense to me, but.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts