Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,looking for help again. Last time that this happened I found a mouse stash in the air cleaner.I cleaned the MAP sensor as someone here advised and that solved the problem. Thinking I had the same problem this time I put in a new air filter and then found a broken fitting on the tube directly behind the MAP sensor. It connects a stainless braided hose into the top of the engine somewhere. Would this (hose not being connected) cause the turbo not to work? Would anyone have a part# for this tube ? Thanks again in advance for any help. Don

·
Registered
300 Posts
I believe that is the crankcase ventilation line through the PCV valve. Mine was broken too and was replaced under warranty (cost about $85 for the elbow). It is fairly common for this to break and there are number of fixes mentioned on the forum, how to glue, how to replace with stronger fitting, getting a metal elbow, so on.

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
:agree: with all the above.

With that hose being broken, you'll be getting un-metered air in which could make the engine run rough, and/or possibly throw codes. But the turbo would still work!

WHAT (exactly) do you mean by "Turbo not working"?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
It is possible that the broken inlet let enough un-metered air into the intake that the ECM detected enough of an issue to throw the car into "Limp Mode Lite", which has disabled electronic boost command.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, there is no boost, the car barely takes off,i think it was getting up tp 4000 rpm at max. When the turbo is working lets say its like a crotch rocket, but now it is like a scooter. Also, there is no check engine light on this time. As GS posted, it seems like "limp mode" to me. In Dave's diagram, # 16 is the part that hooks into #1, the nipple on#1 is broke off which is what Tim posted I do believe. Thanks for any and all help. You guys are great,Don

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
As mentioned by the other members there are different ways to fix the broken nipple.
You can also buy a replacement as mentioned by Timlange3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts