Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its only a matter of time till the turbo comes out, so when are we starting a turbo section here? Next year will come around fast, they will have one on display at the Chicago Auto Show in Feb, I can't wait!!!!!! :willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
turbomangt said:
Its only a matter of time till the turbo comes out, so when are we starting a turbo section here? Next year will come around fast, they will have one on display at the Chicago Auto Show in Feb, I can't wait!!!!!! :willy: :willy:
Go to the Tech section there is plenty of post in there about FI.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
It would be nice if turbo discussion had its own section, because then I could choose to stop seeing posts about it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
More than likely a turbo section of some sort will come online at some point in the future. For now, there just isn't enough discussion to warrent a whole new turbo section. There are not enough people with Solstices yet, who are installing turbos, and there is not even an official GM announcement of a turbo.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Fformula88 said:
More than likely a turbo section of some sort will come online at some point in the future. For now, there just isn't enough discussion to warrent a whole new turbo section. There are not enough people with Solstices yet, who are installing turbos, and there is not even an official GM announcement of a turbo.
It SEEMS like there are enough discussions on it. :brentil:

Every other day is "turbo this, turbo that, 2007 turbo, turbo turbo, supercharger, turbo!"

AHH I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT! I'm just not at all interested in turbo, and it's fine that others are, but like you said, there hasn't even been an official announcement... and I don't even have my Solstice, and I am tired of hearing about turbosasdkfjlasfjasdkfajlkjwoigjbb.... *falls off chair*

(breathes into paper bag)

I'm okay now.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Had GM shipped my Solstice 2 weeks ago I would have my turbo by now :(

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Fortimir said:

Every other day is "turbo this, turbo that, 2007 turbo, turbo turbo, supercharger, turbo!"

AHH I WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT! I'm just not at all interested in turbo, and it's fine that others are, but like you said, there hasn't even been an official announcement... and I don't even have my Solstice, and I am tired of hearing about turbosasdkfjlasfjasdkfajlkjwoigjbb.... *falls off chair*

I'm okay now.
Kind of ironic that you of all people would be upset about a lot of posts. :brentil:

Besides, most of the discussion is just speculation anyway, which would likely remain in a more general forum. A turbo specific forum would likely only be for turbo related technical issues (modifying a sol with a turbo for example, or tuning/modifying a factory turbo)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Had GM shipped my Solstice 2 weeks ago I would have my turbo by now :(
Sorry! The wait must be excrutiating.

(not directed directly at you Adrenaline, just the thread in general)

For now, any turbo install discussion will remain in our existing tech threads. When we have a decent group going, we will consider turbos for their own forum.

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Kind of ironic that you of all people would be upset about a lot of posts. :brentil:
:glol:

Good point, maybe Fortimir needs his own section? :lol:

j/k of course :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a thought here....Would it not be to GMs best intrest and cost savings
to put the Colbalt's turbo charged engine in the Solstice for the GPX model
if there is going to be such a beast.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
S2KAP2 said:
Just a thought here....Would it not be to GMs best intrest and cost savings
to put the Colbalt's turbo charged engine in the Solstice for the GPX model
if there is going to be such a beast.
The Cobalt uses a Supercharged engine actually. The rumored enigne being designed for the Solstice is a new Turbocharged variation of the ECOTEC line. Which might actually go the opposite of what you suggested and end up back in the Cobalt possibly down the road.

·
Registered
46 Posts
brentil said:
The Cobalt uses a Supercharged engine actually. The rumored enigne being designed for the Solstice is a new Turbocharged variation of the ECOTEC line. Which might actually go the opposite of what you suggested and end up back in the Cobalt possibly down the road.

Thanks for the correction.....this should be intresting

·
5,600 Posts
Fortimir said:

I'm okay now.
Why the rabid hyper-sensitivity against the turbocharged Solstice? I don't think there has ever been a post mentioning the turbocharged car that you didn't feel obligated to point out your utter disdain for it. How are we hurting you by discussing it?

After dozens of posts stating how you feel about it, we are all crystal clear about your contempt for these discussions and possibly toward the turbocharged car itself. Undoubtedly, you have the freedom to criticize every post generated about the turbo - its a free forum after all. But I am at a loss as to why you still feel the need to express your disgust with every post related to turbocharging. Maybe you could just add the sentiment to your signature, so it is there every time you post anyway.

What's the big deal and what offends you so badly about our discussing a turbocharged Solstice? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Is it even written in stone that it will be a Turbo? Mabe I've read too many posts, but I thought they just eluded to a higher HP version, but never said how it was getting that power. If that's the case, then I totally understand the hesitation.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
stang said:
Is it even written in stone that it will be a Turbo? Mabe I've read too many posts, but I thought they just eluded to a higher HP version, but never said how it was getting that power. If that's the case, then I totally understand the hesitation.
Your right, it is a rumor. GM has had NO official word about it yet. There was a seperate rumor recently that tossed out the idea it would be supercharged, but it is heavily outnumbered by turbo rumors at the moment. There were also spy pictures of a turbo installed in a Solstice test mule leading most to believe it will be a turbo and not an S/C. But only GM can give us the definitive answer, and so far they have been tight lipped.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fformula88 said:
But only GM can give us the definitive answer, and so far they have been tight lipped.
Since when did they learn to keep a secret. ;)

My guess that we will learn about it at Detroit. Let's just wait two months and then we can talk it to death wherever the Mods let us.

·
Registered
139 Posts
While I realize the source is who it is, I've got some small rumor mill stuff.

I registered to enter the drawing for the right to buy one of the two first Sky's to hit our local dealership. The guy would registered me was obviously reading off of a printed sheet the options and what they were. He stated clearly that there would be a turbo version in late 2007. This was just after his interior option schpeil and just before he mentioned the automatic transmission.

"In late 2007 model year a turbo engine option will be availible." ~ Saturn Dealership Employee.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That may be, but it's still not an official announcement. Even I am 99% sure that there will be a turbo version, but GM has axed entire platforms at the drop of a hat. I say at least wait until an official announcement before making a new section.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
stang said:
Since when did they learn to keep a secret. ;)
I don't think they have. That is why there is a million rumors all over the automotive press and on the internet about turbos, and pictures of turbo mules. ;) ;) ;) Looks like the cat did get out of the bag. However, it is still not "official" and Skycap said it best:

Skycaptain said:
That may be, but it's still not an official announcement. Even I am 99% sure that there will be a turbo version, but GM has axed entire platforms at the drop of a hat. I say at least wait until an official announcement before making a new section.
He is absolutely right! Never count on anything from GM until you can take delivery! They can change things at a drop of the hat and often do. Especially when finances are tight for them, and right now, they are not doing well on the balance sheets!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts