Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to hear ANY comments on the turn signal from anyone, so I am going to assume that it's just fine, but I was wondering from anyone who has driven a Solstice, how are the turn signals as far as the clicking tone/volume is concerned?

I have heard some incredibly loud or "springy" turn signals in my day, and I hope the Solstice isn't one of them. A video or audio recording would be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
stang said:
I hear they modeled it after the 60 Minutes intro. :lol:

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

I'm Bob Lutz

I'm Lori Queen

I'm Douglas Parks

and YOU are turning Left!
:glol: Easily the funniest thing I've heard all day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
stang said:
I hear they modeled it after the 60 Minutes intro. :lol:

Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick

I'm Bob Lutz

I'm Lori Queen

I'm Douglas Parks

and YOU are turning Left!
That made my day :)
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Fortimir said:
I have yet to hear ANY comments on the turn signal from anyone, so I am going to assume that it's just fine, but I was wondering from anyone who has driven a Solstice, how are the turn signals as far as the clicking tone/volume is concerned?

I have heard some incredibly loud or "springy" turn signals in my day, and I hope the Solstice isn't one of them. A video or audio recording would be awesome.
I am just the opposite, usually I do not think the signal is loud enough!

The signal in my Jeep is fairly loud for modern car standards, but I still cannot hear it with the top down and all the outside background noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Don't most GM vehicles have a chime that goes off if you forget to turn off the signal? I know that my trailblazer does. Same one that alerts you to low fuel, and it startles me everytime it goes off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Editguy said:
Don't most GM vehicles have a chime that goes off if you forget to turn off the signal? I know that my trailblazer does. Same one that alerts you to low fuel, and it startles me everytime it goes off!
Yeah, like after and eighth of a mile at a certain speed or something, but I know I've followed cars with signals on for a lot longer than that. Seemed like halfway across south dakota once. I actually tried it on my Dad's 96 Grand Prix once. It worked, but I think a little longer than and eighth of a mile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
The turn signals need to be loud in a convertible. The signal indicator on the instrument panel also needs to be clear in bright sunlight. There's nothing worse than looking like Grandpa Gooch with your turn signal flashing endlessly mile after mile. :nonod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Fortimir said:
I have yet to hear ANY comments on the turn signal from anyone, so I am going to assume that it's just fine, but I was wondering from anyone who has driven a Solstice, how are the turn signals as far as the clicking tone/volume is concerned?

I have heard some incredibly loud or "springy" turn signals in my day, and I hope the Solstice isn't one of them. A video or audio recording would be awesome.

I find I have the opposite problem with the Sol. There are a couple shallow turns I make on the way to work where the turn signal doesn't shut off. More than a few times I have caught myself a mile down the road with it still blinking away...feel so old!!!

Maybe if I turned the stereo down I would hear it, but that's just not an option!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
NytLyt said:
I find I have the opposite problem with the Sol. There are a couple shallow turns I make on the way to work where the turn signal doesn't shut off. More than a few times I have caught myself a mile down the road with it still blinking away...feel so old!!!

Maybe if I turned the stereo down I would hear it, but that's just not an option!
Are you in a different time zone or did I miss out on your delivery party? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Maybe because I play the drums, but I noticed the turn signal during my drives of the Sol. It's audible with the top down or up, but not over a blaring stereo. It has a nice, quality sound about it. It's not a sharp, cheap, tinny sound like on our Blazer. It has more of softened, rounded-off sound, like woodblocks or like two good-sized pieces of wood or plastic coming together gently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Need two level turn indicator

First, let me say I am proud to be associated with a group that even cares about turn indicators. I sware 75% of the cars here that have 100,000 km on them have brand new turn indicators, 'cause everyone is to damn lazy to use them.

What would be really cool would be a dual sound level indicator connected to a sensor for top status (up or down), but that would push the price over 20G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fortyninenorth said:
First, let me say I am proud to be associated with a group that even cares about turn indicators. I sware 75% of the cars here that have 100,000 km on them have brand new turn indicators, 'cause everyone is to damn lazy to use them.

A lot of people don't use them around here either. I use my turn signals ANY time I am turning. Doesn't matter where, or who's around. And if I am behind someone who decides to turn and not use theirs, I honk my horn and flash my turn signal! they get the idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
Im with remo they had a nice smooth sound, I may actually use my turn signals in this car :glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GradSoulStice said:
Im with remo they had a nice smooth sound, I may actually use my turn signals in this car :glol:
If I see a fellow Solsticeer not use their turn signal, I will be incredibly disappointed, and I will have lost all my faith in the entire human race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Fortimir said:
If I see a fellow Solsticeer not use their turn signal, I will be incredibly disappointed, and I will have lost all my faith in the entire human race.
:agree:

That would be disappointing. If you're going to be lazy behind the wheel, drive somethng else.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
Fortimir said:
If I see a fellow Solsticeer not use their turn signal, I will be incredibly disappointed, and I will have lost all my faith in the entire human race.
That's a lot of pressure to put on the driver of one type of car. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I drove the solestice on Friday, with the top up and of course had no problem hearing the directionals. It sounds like most GM cars. I'm sure there won't be a problem hearing it when the top is down
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top