Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signal lever sometimes doesn't engage, and stopped automatically turning off after a turn. Does anyone have insight as to which part(s) are most likely defective? Ideally I would like to pre-order what I need so I only have to take column apart once. And does anyone have advice on order of disassembly of column? I puttered around with it a bit and the shroud that covers the turn signal stem didn't want to come out peacefully!

·
Registered
744 Posts
If I saw this back then... my old G6 had this problem.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I fixed my wife's 09 Malibu with the help of the video I referred to in the post on KP. Still works great.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Turn Signal Replacement - Solstice

I'm just trying to replace mine, it does not come out easy. Anybody know how to get the switch out of a Solstice?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
OK, thanks to tomatosoup and omw41, I have to drop the steering column, shouldn't be too bad. Your pictures and diagrams are amazing, thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
turn signal replacement- solstice

I have an 07 solstice GXP with the same problem, turn signal will not disengage.
I tried to remove the turn signal stem but the steering column doesn't go low enough for the stem to clear the dash. Am I missing a step in the removal and lowering the column?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also stuck with trying to remove the turn signal switch stem from the steering column. The left side dash is completely blocking it from coming out as I do not have the telescopic steering column. The column just tilts up and down a bit. I thought I could remove the steering wheel and remove the plastic collar that the stem is housed in, but that didn't work. I was able to remove the steering wheel, but have been unable to find info on how to remove the plastic collar on the column that is behind the wheel.

Anyone have good instructions, pictures, or a video on how to remove the turn signal switch stem from a basic model 2007 solstice?

·
Registered
21 Posts
When the column is down all the way the stem will come out partially and catch on the corner that would be above your left knee. Is there a way to get the column to drop another couple of inches?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
When the column is down all the way the stem will come out partially and catch on the corner that would be above your left knee. Is there a way to get the column to drop another couple of inches?
I am not trying to be a wise guy, but make sure your seat is alll the way back. That could be preventing you the clearence you need. It happened to me .

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well poo. I went to drive the 06 that my oldest son has been driving and the turn signals are jacked up. left will not lock in place and the right will not auto off. I'm looking into the above instructions and hopefully can get it done easily. I wondered why that idiot never turned his right blinker when I was following him the other day. he's still an idiot though:)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
well poo. I went to drive the 06 that my oldest son has been driving and the turn signals are jacked up. left will not lock in place and the right will not auto off. I'm looking into the above instructions and hopefully can get it done easily. I wondered why that idiot never turned his right blinker when I was following him the other day. he's still an idiot though:)

Even if you buy brand new and replace, you may have to do Sly Bob's fix. After I installed brand new AC Delco (approx 35 bucks) I had to take it back out, do Sly Bob,s fix, and put it back in. Now it works fine.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I guess if they have been sitting on the shlef for a while then they would tend to be weak out of the box.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I guess if they have been sitting on the shlef for a while then they would tend to be weak out of the box.
Yeah. Since the part goes on the Cobalt and a couple of other rigs, I heard a rumor that they upgraded the stem; as far as I know, it's just a rumor. Be on the safe side and do Sly Bob's repair. :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks for all the replies, but it is no longer my problem as I just traded in my Solstice and will be leaving the forum.

MeanMikeGXP

1 - 20 of 32 Posts