Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
turn signal/wipper stem

Had turn signal switch changed at dealer. Got it back and wouldn.t turn off after made a turn (original problem) took it back now that works but I have no fast speed on my wipers. Only slow and intermittent. It won.t click into the fast position.Is this connected to the poor work putting the turn switch in?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice repair suggestion but did not work for me. Took a new one. This instructions were great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I started having this same problem about a month ago but haven't had the time to deal with it. You just saved me some research time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed. fyi, you have to drop the steering wheel all the way to the seat to get it out new one in mine. unscrew the three screws in the steering column, remove the lower interior panel and remove the steel support 4 bolts, then two nuts holding the column up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Three years later.... Just did mine yesterday. My old one had cracked from the previous owner. Turning left Friday and it snapped off and was hanging. I had already purchased a new one after I bought the car last month. All done.

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
Three years later.... Just did mine yesterday. My old one had cracked from the previous owner. Turning left Friday and it snapped off and was hanging. I had already purchased a new one after I bought the car last month. All done.
Good to know that you were successful. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My turn (no pun intended)! Thanks for this thread. Sounds like a chore ... but do-able.
1. Yes had to remove the lower plastic part of dash under steering wheel 2 pegs and 2 screws.
2. Then the plastic part around the steeling wheel with 3 screws.
3. Then the metal bracket with 4 bolts.
4. Then the 2 nuts holding the steering wheel in place.
5. Un-clip turn signal switch and remove 2 wire sets from back.
6. Slid out old switch from mounting location.
7. Reverse process with new part.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Its not a bad job, took me all of 45 minutes start to finish. I did watch the on line video a couple of times before doing it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Much easier than changing a turn signal switch on a car 20 or more years older!

Reactions: joybill44

·
Registered
475 Posts
Try it on a 60's to 80's GM Product!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts