Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
im new to posting in the forums. ive used this site several times to fix my wifes 2008 Solstice and appreciate all the awesome DIY. i just recently installed a new sound system in her solstice (as everyone knows the stock one sucks). I replaced the Door speakers the rear speakers and the tweeters with alpines and i put a low profile 8"sub thats built into the 800w amplifier by Boss Audio (I managed to fit it behind the panel behind the passenger seat). i replaced her stock radio with a decent JVC head unit 4channel 50w built in amp. the problem i have is... i plugged the new speakers to the old wires and now the right side tweeter blew. the tweeters are the Alpine SPS- 110TW Type-S they say they 100w RMS and 300w peak. so im assuming that blowing these isnt easy... anyways anyone know how I can prevent this from happening again? i heardcrossovers*are the way to go. i have also seen the trick where you wire a 12v lightbulb in line with the speakers so if theres too much*power*being sent to them the lightbulb lights up and takes the excess power (at the same time limiting the performance of the speaker). anyways if anyone has came across this issue before or just knows what i need to do i could really use the help.*
Thanks! -Shawn

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have Alpine crossover networks in my 07 Solstice,no issues here.Basically I connected the speakers and the tweeters to a cross over network and that was that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts