Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two, questions. Yes two, two questions in one!

Has anybody put aftermarket wheels on their Sol yet and if so could you post pics?

Also does anybody know what would happen if the black plastic air dam under the car and behind the front bumper would do if it was removed? Is it neccisary to be there for cooling purposes or is it more of a feeler guage, kinda like those wire spoke things old ladies have on their Caddy's? I'm guessing it's for cooling purposes at speed?

Seems like if the car was lowered 1" front and 1.25" rear, that the thing would scrap quite a bit. In some pics, it looks like it would scrap without even being lowered on occasions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also think I mentioned this before but I think we will soon need a mod forum in here :)

Broken down into exterior, interior, engine, suspension brakes and wheel forums :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
If you go to the Tech section, an under magnaflow exhaust, that car has aftermarket wheels, there are a couple of other members that posted pictures of their new wheels, maybe they will see this and post, but the best thing is try to do a search.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I remember seeing a picture less than a week ago in some thread where somebody put some (rather gawdy IMO) chrome 5 spokes on their black Solstice. I don't know where it is but I'm sure somebody out there does and can link you to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do not remove the plastic dam under the hood, I had a Trans Am in which the dam was damaged (not by me I need to add) and the car over heated very quickly!!

·
4,592 Posts
THese are IIRC supposed to be available soom time soon through pontiac solstice accesories, I couldn't find a link to their site, but pretty sure these are them, this pic is from the oregon press event, more pics of them in the gllery:

I would like to think about getting these, does anybody have more info on them, cost, availability???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those wheels, plus the limo smoked windows, new exhaust and air intake (GM) gives the look and sound of a meaner Sol...now it just needs lowering springs.

I think the wheels are hot and give the car a unique look. I don't think those wheels would look good on my Cool Sol but on black, WOW!

Great job JT!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am guessing it is needed for cooling in the summer......would not be surprised if there is an after market one soon. The vette has a few after market that drop temp on hot days almost 10 degrees. If you think about a solstice with a license plate on it no way could it be cooled through the front grill.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dave where did you get the wheels? love em would love to get some reverse wheels. When I was in Vegas saw tons of to die for wheels even some 18" ones but they where all moving so I didn't get to speak to anyone.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
RODEO said:
THese are IIRC supposed to be available soom time soon through pontiac solstice accesories, I couldn't find a link to their site, but pretty sure these are them, this pic is from the oregon press event, more pics of them in the gllery:

I would like to think about getting these, does anybody have more info on them, cost, availability???

went to pontiac dealer they top out at 2000 dollars for the four . I will admit they look sweet ,but i ordered the chrome plated for 795 a bargain compared to the dealer installed wheels :)

·
4,592 Posts
worked fine just now for me:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dave clancy said:
went to pontiac dealer they top out at 2000 dollars for the four . I will admit they look sweet ,but i ordered the chrome plated for 795 a bargain compared to the dealer installed wheels :)
I will admit this... they look like butt. Wheels for your Denali, sure... wheels for your Solstice, no.

I might actually (and this is a FAR stretch here) be inclined to key a Solstice if I saw one with those wheels.

Why don't we just couple those wheels with that fugly-ass Gravana kit and make my nightmares into reality?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Wow, $2000 for the Pontiac accessories wheels? They sure look cool, but that sounds like a LOT for them! For that price, I would expect them to have some Goodyear GS-D3's attached to them!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
No, not for my Classic Solstice, sorry Rodeo, no way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts