Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Which two-tone interior do you prefer? (Steel/Tan or Black/Gold)

• Lighter Two-Tone (Steel/Tan)

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • Darker Two-Tone (Black/Gold)

Votes: 43 61.4%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the threads on this issue where very one-sided, but just wanted to sum up the data in one convienent poll in case GM is on reading...

Would people prefer a lighter two-tone (steel/gray & sand), or a darker shade like black & gold? This is regardless of whether the picture(s) on pontiac.com are actually a different shade or just looked different because of lighting.

Besides the fact that the climate control nobs look worse IMHO (black plastic vs the brushed metal look) and that steering wheel radio controls are different, how do people like the lighter shade? I wouldn't mind it as much if the radio and vents weren't such a darker shade (black).

Sample of what I am calling a lighter shade (steel/gray):

Sample of what I am calling a darker shade (black/tan):

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I voted for the black and tan but only because I'm getting a black car and think that looks great.

If I was getting grey or sliver exterior then the ligher combo would look better.

If I was in charge I'd offer both :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Out of the two choices, I chose the darker. When I order mine, it will be black interior.

FWIW, I believe the lighter one is the correct appearance of the intended color. The darker one, while it looks nicer, must be a mis-adjusted color match. Jus' my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I love the black and copper look. I wish they were actualy doing that, but alas, it doesn't make any difference to me because I'm getting the green and can't have either. :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the grey because it appeared to blend with the Sly color which I ordered. I was not impressed with the blue look of the door panel in some of the pictures but still want the grey/tan on my seats.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I hope the lighter 2 tone looks good with my black exterior. I have seen many black cars with light grey or tan interior so I'm hoping for the best.

Who's good with Photoshop?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm getting Mysterious (black) with Ebony, BUT I really would rather get the Mysterious with the Black/Copper two-tone interior if it was offered.

Please GM, offer them both. :thumbs:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Back when I was getting Sly I liked the lighter, but now that I'm going Mysterious the darker looks better.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love the black/gold and would have to match it with the mysterious but recent photos have me on the verge of stopping by the old Pontiac dealer and changing my order to Envious which decides my interior color for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
AverageJoe said:
I think the threads on this issue where very one-sided, but just wanted to sum up the data in one convienent poll in case GM is on reading...

Would people prefer a lighter two-tone (steel/gray & sand), or a darker shade like black & gold? This is regardless of whether the picture(s) on pontiac.com are actually a different shade or just looked different because of lighting.

Besides the fact that the climate control nobs look worse IMHO (black plastic vs the brushed metal look) and that steering wheel radio controls are different, how do people like the lighter shade? I wouldn't mind it as much if the radio and vents weren't such a darker shade (black).

Sample of what I am calling a lighter shade (steel/gray):

Sample of what I am calling a darker shade (black/tan):
With the Mysterious I ordered, I expect to get what the photo looks like from the pontiac site.... the "darker shade" Can't imagine the lighter tone. Have the lighter tone in my CTS and it would look washed out in a black car. my .02 worth.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I picked the lighter option, mostly because I ordered my car in Sly, and I think the steel/sand looks good with it, where the dareker black/tan just wouldn't go with Sly.

One comment I do have is that I would like the dash and door panels to be a darker shade of grey (a closer match to the leather on the seats) than they appear to be in the pics we've seen.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Hope this helps.
From product information, courtesy of the Apprentice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
solli4me said:
Hope this helps.
From product information, courtesy of the Apprentice.
I think that helps -- it at least shows the color of the seats, which is pretty close to the swatch on pontiac.com under the colors link, but I wonder if the same colors will also be used on the instrument panel & doors. From the real pictures we have seen, the instrument panel & doors were definitely a lighter shade of gray than dark gray on the seats :(

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
AverageJoe said:
I think that helps -- it at least shows the color of the seats, which is pretty close to the swatch on pontiac.com under the colors link, but I wonder if the same colors will also be used on the instrument panel & doors. From the real pictures we have seen, the instrument panel & doors were definitely a lighter shade of gray than dark gray on the seats :(
The ever-changing grey color :willy: Looks darker again...I've given up trying to pin it down :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts