Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all in the forum. I am new to your site as of yesterday. I just bought a 2006 Solstice convertible that was imported earlier this year from Florida. Does anyone know or have knowledge of any other Solstice's in the UK or have I got the only one?
Once I get to use it more there may be a few more questions and I could need your help. Its black and has 9800 miles on the clock and is in very good condition. A fantastic looking car!
thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Welcome! You will now have a perma grin.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Welcome mate
I'm a fellow Brit from London but I live in Florida.
There is another Solstice that I know of in UK can't remember his name but I think he came from the Southampton area.
You should get a lot of attention at home with you new Solstice.
Good luck with it.

Cheers ??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome aboard. I would love to see how people in Europe react to the Solstice; I am sure you will have some entertaining stories to tell. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi to all in the forum. I am new to your site as of yesterday. I just bought a 2006 Solstice convertible that was imported earlier this year from Florida. Does anyone know or have knowledge of any other Solstice's in the UK or have I got the only one?
Once I get to use it more there may be a few more questions and I could need your help. Its black and has 9800 miles on the clock and is in very good condition. A fantastic looking car!
thanks
Steve
Hi and thanks for all your comments

the car was imported via Southampton docks from Florida keys in May 2014 and the importer also brought over 2 mustangs and is a collector. It had to be adapted in some components to pass UK reg's for safety and lighting and is now fully certified for UK roads and I bought it because of its rarity and beauty. The only item it needs is the chrome ring on the drivers side trunk-where the soft top latches down - looks like they are glued on and it has fallen off during its time in Florida, soft top closes ok - any idea where I might get one or what the part number is?
thanks for your help, steve

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,449 Posts
Hi and thanks for all your comments

the car was imported via Southampton docks from Florida keys in May 2014 and the importer also brought over 2 mustangs and is a collector. It had to be adapted in some components to pass UK reg's for safety and lighting and is now fully certified for UK roads and I bought it because of its rarity and beauty. The only item it needs is the chrome ring on the drivers side trunk-where the soft top latches down - looks like they are glued on and it has fallen off during its time in Florida, soft top closes ok - any idea where I might get one or what the part number is?
thanks for your help, steve
Part# is 15292357 and is not year specific.

PLATE. Roof Panel for 2008 Pontiac Solstice. #15292357

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and most of all enjoy the ride ! So I have to ask how difficult it will be to drive a car that's obviously not built for British roads and how much modifying needed to be done to make the car pass any safety or emission requirements. I watch a car show that based in England and the requirements seem stricter in the U.K .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fellow Brit driving Black Solstice :)
I'm here in Edmonton Alberta.

Get use to grinning like a Cheshire Cat and getting people staring and asking what is that.

your going to have fun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum and most of all enjoy the ride ! So I have to ask how difficult it will be to drive a car that's obviously not built for British roads and how much modifying needed to be done to make the car pass any safety or emission requirements. I watch a car show that based in England and the requirements seem stricter in the U.K .
Hi - Wont be so difficult as I drive a lot during my work and have driven in Europe and USA many times. The hardest part is rear views and when overtaking. Actually I find it makes you think twice before any sudden moves and this makes driving it oddly seem safer than my other car. The Solstice had to have side lights moved into front bumper, the wing lights become turn indicators and the reversing lights are now turn indicators with orange flashing bulbs. An additional reversing light is fitted and also a fog hi vis light on the rear. Various changes to relays and the ecu software so that all this could take place. No problems with environmental issues. Cost about $900 to do all this and get certification for UK roads. Front number plate is still an issue as its required in uk and I don't want this across the grille as it spoils the beauty of the front end.
Thanks - steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts