Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Solstice and we have a truck.

What's the best knock around car to drive when the Solstice needs to be safe in the garage? Currently driving an 18 year old Cavalier.

G6 sedan, G6 Convertible, or G8?

·
Registered
256 Posts
G8 GT would be an awesome DD if you didn't mind the mpg's or lack there-of.

Definitely not a G6 convertible, you might as well wear a rainbow jumpsuit.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
I have a commuter car, Kia Koup, a work truck, Ford F150 and drive them regularly.

I do NOT take my roadster out just to drive it. I take it out to enjoy it. I enjoy it when the weather is nice and the top is down.

Its a garage queen with 33000 miles because I DRIVE it but not when I dont WANT to drive it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Get caught on a slick/ icy road just once in your solstice and you are ready to garage it for the rest of the winter. For a daily driver I am looking at Audi quatro. They seem to handle bad roads pretty well.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I musta missed something, the title said "Ultimate Solstice Accessory", but then it went right into used cars... so what is/was the Ultimate Solstice Accessory?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G8 GT would be an awesome DD if you didn't mind the mpg's or lack there-of.

Definitely not a G6 convertible, you might as well wear a rainbow jumpsuit.
Funny, I didn't even consider the "rainbow issue", never crossed my mind regarding a Pontiac.

We traded in a CLK Cabrio for our truck. Now with that car I'll admit that I never drove it with the top down if I had a male passenger! :lol:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I musta missed something, the title said "Ultimate Solstice Accessory", but then it went right into used cars... so what is/was the Ultimate Solstice Accessory?
If you live outside of the NorthEast, it's 3M protective film.

For those not so lucky, it's an alternative car to drive when snow and salt are thick on the roads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I drive Nissan Pathfinder on ice and snow and Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD for any other weather when the top-less drive is inappropriate. I am in North East. I drove Solstice in the rain couple times. It works, but I had some funky feeling and not in a very good way...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi there!

My inclement weather car / general purpose hauler is an '07 Subaru Outback. I highly recommend a Subaru as a foul weather car / daily driver.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I have a commuter car, Kia Koup, a work truck, Ford F150 and drive them regularly.

I do NOT take my roadster out just to drive it. I take it out to enjoy it. I enjoy it when the weather is nice and the top is down.

Its a garage queen with 33000 miles because I DRIVE it but not when I dont WANT to drive it. :thumbs:
You misunderstood me. Whenever I need to go someplace (the supermarket, wine store, etc) I use my Sol. I don't take it out just to drive it, but I do take it out when I want to go anyplace. Before I retired I drove it to work every day. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile2.gif

·
Registered
625 Posts
My DD is a 2010 Camaro, with the Solstice as a fair weather toy. Those old Cavaliers were good cars, except for the motor mounts needing replacement every 60,000 miles. Had one in a ragtop. Really enjoyed it for 13 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My DD is a 97 Grand am with 89,000 Mi. It was a 01Focus till it got totaled for the 4th time. Yes it's been retitled salvage 4 times. need a transmission and it will be going again.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi there!

My inclement weather car / general purpose hauler is an '07 Subaru Outback. I highly recommend a Subaru as a foul weather car / daily driver.
us 2, except the Forester. Great car. I've also got a Bronco, but the Subaru is THE practical car in all respects, mileage, superior AWD, great interior, exterior looks are nice and it doesn't have a bunch of gadgets to jack up the price, so you can get in one reasonably.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts