Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my ultra gauge for a couple of weeks now. I have been experimenting with different gauges. I recently added a horsepower display along with torque and % engine load. I am wondering how accurate the HP is. I have a Trifecta tune and a Solo exhaust on my GXP. Yesterday, I managed to get an HP reading of 349 in second gear with my foot to the floor. WOW! It is also interesting to note that I can get the % engine load to read 100, in say forth gear and heading up a slight slope at only 30 mph. Shifting down a notch and the reading drops a bunch. Not sure what this means right now or if this will affect my driving habits. The only thing that I was disappointed to learn about the unit was that there is no oil pressure gauge. Still, for the $70 dollars it cost I think it is well worth it. And by the by, I did get my $9 refund.

Cheers, Don

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Me too on the oil pressure but it my understanding that the Solstice has no oil pressure sensor so the gauge has no information to report. I have boost, RPM, water temperature and ECM voltage set on my first page. The UltraGauge is so much easier to read than the DIC. It would be nice if the Gauge came in a round gauge format with color settings but for the price it gives me the information that I want. I haven't tried 0 to 60 time yet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the HP tip. I did enter some values they asked for, but can't remember what they were. I'll go back and redo them and see what happens.

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts