Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a lot of the Coupe list is getting up there in mileage. Wonder how many are left with under 2500 miles?
LJ

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
If I bought a Solstice with under 2500 miles I would feel compelled to pamper it and not drive it. The pleasure is in driving. I bought my coupe with 24000 miles and have driven it over 3000 miles in two months. JMHO.

Reactions: Fergy

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I bought mine in May 2016 with 1800 miles on it. Now has 5000 miles on it. I will put about 3000 miles on it per year. Bought it to drive and enjoy. I figure I will always get back what I paid for it and probably more.

Reactions: Fergy

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
I only put a couple of thousand a year on mine, but I assure you I enjoy the car far more that way than I would if it were sitting in my garage with 5 miles on it!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I only put a couple of thousand a year on mine, but I assure you I enjoy the car far more that way than I would if it were sitting in my garage with 5 miles on it!
Well said!!!!:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
To each his own. Larry surfaces every so often to remind us that he doesn't drive his coupe. I was going to make a comment, but decided not to. It's Larry's coupe, and if he enjoys not driving it, so be it.

Personally, I don't drive my 1st 1000 Solstice anywhere near as much as I used to, but I still drive it, and it's mileage is steadily increasing, it's just not increasing as fast as it used to. It's going to be a very expensive summer for mine, as it's past time to replace both sets of OEM tires I have for it, and it's time to replace all the fluids in the car. But, that time happens with all vehicles, even Larry's. His time to do all this stuff is just around the corner, maybe a couple of years.

Time will tell.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
To each his own. Larry surfaces every so often to remind us that he doesn't drive his coupe. I was going to make a comment, but decided not to. It's Larry's coupe, and if he enjoys not driving it, so be it.

Personally, I don't drive my 1st 1000 Solstice anywhere near as much as I used to, but I still drive it, and it's mileage is steadily increasing, it's just not increasing as fast as it used to. It's going to be a very expensive summer for mine, as it's past time to replace both sets of OEM tires I have for it, and it's time to replace all the fluids in the car. But, that time happens with all vehicles, even Larry's. His time to do all this stuff is just around the corner, maybe a couple of years.

Time will tell.

:thumbs:

Again, well said. I feel very lucky to have a Coupe. They are stunning cars!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do enjoy driving the coupe, but I also enjoy the thought of having a like new rare car sitting in my garage.
LJ

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Mine was driven extensively by its prior owner. I bought it last August with around 118,000 on it. I have since put 6,000 in the last 8 months. But, that also includes one very long road trip to Durango and back (2000 or so miles). So normally it won't get that much mileage in a year; averaging around 9,000 a year right now whereas it's previous owner averaged 16,000. Thankfully I have other toys to play with and it gets a fair share of love without raising it too much.

Long story short...(too late): I drive my cars. The best way to keep mileage down is to buy more cars. More cars = more happiness.

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
I do enjoy driving the coupe, but I also enjoy the thought of having a like new rare car sitting in my garage.
LJ
Somewhat related:
The Amazing Stories Behind the Unrestored Original Cars at the 2016 Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals - Hot Rod Network (the title is somewhat misleading since none of the cars featured are Corvettes)

Now I admit that enjoy finding low mileage Kappa's for sale because I think it's just plain cool to think that it's still possible to pick up one w/such low mileage.

However I will add that when it comes to stories about low mileage cars that the ones that receive the most attention are always the usual suspects, pre & post war classics, muscle cars, exotic's, or famous race cars. Because right now I think of Kappa's as barely a footnote in automotive history, and that they represent the last gasp of excitement from an automotive brand that was mismanaged right into bankruptcy. :crying:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ideal situation is to own two kappas, one to make you feel good knowing it is mechanically perfect and will stay that way, then the other to drive daily and not worry too much about hitting chuck holes or accidentally getting behind that dump truck leaking gravel.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Ideal situation is to own two kappas, one to make you feel good knowing it is mechanically perfect and will stay that way, then the other to drive daily and not worry too much about hitting chuck holes or accidentally getting behind that dump truck leaking gravel.
I have two. 2007 ( heavily mod'ed) GXP roadster and the Coupe. The roadster has around 44,000 miles on it. I baby and drive both. Yearly mileage on the roadster will now diminish. I figure 5000 miles split between the two of them per year. They are both stored each winter. I am 59 so I figure they will last me until I go into storage! :lol:

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
I actually expect to be putting less on my coupe this/next summer, as I bought a Z4M BMW coupe (about 3 times as common as the Solstice coupe) that will divide sports car time with the Solstice and the old sports cars, which get a few hundred miles a year just to keep them in good running order.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts