Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Gang,

Does anyone have any experience with rebuilding a flood car? I have a pretty good grip on the overall freshwater skinny dip of a car and the ramifications and would like to speak with any folks who've taken on the challenge. It's a GXP and worth giving mouth-to-mouth....What better place to ask.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

Michael
267-251-6119

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
No experience, but there has been a owner here who's had no end of problems resulting in many blown ECMs and weird symptoms all caused by corrosion in a remote part of the wiring harness. Huge task to take on, but you're gonna need to make sure every connector is clean and dry and that you unwrap and dry/clean every part of the entire wiring loom throughout the car. Ugh!

·
Registered
306 Posts
any idea on how deep she was under? ive done a handful of flooded cars with both salt water, and notorious creek water(ewww stinky lol) one car was under for few days and the interior was moldy. thank goodness for leather shes good as new. i was looking into a flooded sol as aproject. kinda like a lil sister for my sol.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea on how deep she was under? ive done a handful of flooded cars with both salt water, and notorious creek water(ewww stinky lol) one car was under for few days and the interior was moldy. thank goodness for leather shes good as new. i was looking into a flooded sol as aproject. kinda like a lil sister for my sol.
The flood car I was hunting sold at auction for $4,250.00. 'S' title- Yellow GXP. I low-balled my bid just to see if I would end up with it but didn't and just like you, I had it in mind for a project. In my daily Solstice hunting, I can't believe how many are getting totally wrecked or otherwise ending up with 'R' or 'S' titles. As time goes on we'll see fewer and fewer good clean low mileage cars come along. However I do believe that they are great investments...especially if we take care of them!

Karen and I are now up to four Solsti, drive them daily...and wrench together! True Love!

My hunting for a winter project car continues!

Cheers,
Michael

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
auto trader . com is your friend...

·
Registered
2 Posts
what to expect..how much damage done

My solstice 09' 40k miles 2.4lt was flooded in the parking lot last night for about 4 hours... it got to the top of the rim but not the top of tire. there is no water in the air filter . fuse box is dry, no fuses blown , no evidence of water in the fog lamps ... water did get above the computer (at its highest) if its located on the drivers side in the engine compartment..

battery dead, neighbors said my lights were going on and off while in high water.... is this car salvagable.....I havent started it yet, waiting for progressive ins to check out... What should I do.... is engine ok, transmission ok, brakes ok etc...it was just sitting parked....

fyi water did get an inch above the service port under the dash.. about how many connector were submerged...
.is the car worth holding on to...

.please advice....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts